Adelaide United FC

cribber

Paul,

Have caught a couple of games in previous visits to Adelaide, including Olympic soccer. Hindmarsh is a nice ground with open terraces great when it was lashing down with rain...those were the days eh? I understand that they're bidding for some of the pool games for the 2010 world cup. The ground is FIFA certified so you never know. Club football in my experience just as competitive as it is in the UK, but calibre of players on the whole, no pun intended, not in the same league.

Like you will be there start of the new year.

Hiya

My husband will kill me for writing this, but he's in bed so here goes - he is desperate to get a football fix of sorts and has been wanting to go to one of the matches for a few weeks now and is happy to go alone but I keep calling him 'Billy no mates' - so if anyone fancies it he will definately be up for it. We do organise these ladies meets so hows about footie for all you guys that enjoy it. Before anyone passes comment he's used to small crowds he's a Doncaster Rovers fan (how quick those allegiances change:v_SPIN:)

Anyone out there fancy it

On behalf of my hubby Andy

Lindsey

Guest muppetbro

http://www.adelaideunited.com.au/

all you need here

crowds fluctuate between 10 - 12 000 so rather like my beloved pne crowd wise

the standard is good - currently adelaide have two of the most promising young players - bruce d. and nathan b. - problem is all the top australians play in europe ratherthan the a league.....big $

come to think of it the standard of australian player is comparable to english players - would you bet the english national team would beat australia currently ? yep the premiership is untouched for sheer class and quality but what % are english players?

watched a bit of the a league on foxtel - would be good friday night game in 2 weeks if anyones up for it.....

ill bring the fire crackers .....hooliganism has been a problem with one or two clubs

soccer is booming and the standard ive seen in schools here makes me think just how piss poor english kids are given they dont do all sports unlike the ozzies who seem to have a go at most sports - mind you the facilities they have here are obscene....

unfortunately even this isnt enough for some of the feral schools and out of control kids

Guest jill wright
http://www.adelaideunited.com.au/

all you need here

crowds fluctuate between 10 - 12 000 so rather like my beloved pne crowd wise

the standard is good - currently adelaide have two of the most promising young players - bruce d. and nathan b. - problem is all the top australians play in europe rathewould you bet the english national team would beat australia currently ? yep the premiership is untouched for sheer class and quality but what % are english player

Hi ;)

Good news that theres a keen interest in footie in Adelaide as my husband and two boys are football mad (out watching our loacal team Ossett Town at mo but also keen Leeds United fans) so one of my worries is how they would all miss it over there. Both sons (11 and 6) play for Ossett Town Juniors is there plenty of junior teams in Adelaide as it is their life and the eldest in particular shows promise but also enjoys rugby too. Good to know the facilities are good. When we get out there(all been well back end of next year)my hubby will be only keen to join anyone going to a football match

P.s. Any golf societys out there he is also golf mad too and there seems to be a number of golf courses there

Jill(39)Phil(39)Lucy(15) Daniel (11) and Thomas(6)

Guest Russfamily

my son just started school in semaphore and the first question asked by the boys in his class is do you play soccer which he does and loves. i will b in adelaide by wednesday the 5th and will b taking my son to see adelaide play.

Guest jill wright

Hi

That's good news as Daniel(11) has played for our local team from 7 years old and Thomas(6) as just started. Will keep our progress posted on this forum (SIR 495 Visa awaiting state sponsorship) and will be great for Phil to meet up with you and others to watch Adelaide once over there.

The Wrights(West Yorkshire)