Any walkers in Glenelg (or surrounding)

Guest the umphs

Guest the umphs

Hello,

Just wanted to find out if there are any ladies in Glenelg (or surrounding) area that like walking.

I go out regularly but it's a bit boring on my own (much more fun to talk and walk!) so would love to have some walking friends. I'm free Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights.

Hopefully there's someone out there...!

Sheena

Guest the umphs

Hi Liz,

Thanks so much for your reply!! I was starting to think I was a real geek and no one would ever walk with me...!

You live about 30 mins drive from me but we could meet in the middle.

Can't do tonight as me and my husband both didn't get our dream jobs today - double whammy - so we're going to the beach for picnic dinner to cheer ourselves up...!

Am free next week though. Would be lovely to have a walking buddy to waffle with..! Saw your other post about social life for 2011 - I couldn't agree more...! Maybe we could walk to the pub...!

Sheena

Guest the umphs

Brilliant...!

Snifter - see you next year

Dawn and Liz, I will PM you my mobile number now so we can arrange a date to ramble...!

Look forward to meeting you both - and the dog...!

Guest Staffs
Hello,

Just wanted to find out if there are any ladies in Glenelg (or surrounding) area that like walking.

I go out regularly but it's a bit boring on my own (much more fun to talk and walk!) so would love to have some walking friends. I'm free Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights.

Hopefully there's someone out there...!

Sheena

Hi Sheena

I'm in Hove and would love to walk, I can't make Monday and Wednesday nights as they are always a bit busy after work, but if you are free any Friday night and fancy a walk let me know. I'll PM you my number.

Claire

Guest HRHelp

I'm free for walks over the long weekend, some evenings - Sundays and Mondays are best - and even some daytimes (as i work for myself). I'm based in Hallett Cove but am happy to come to Glenelg or Brighton...

Please let me know when you are next going - bh@developmentatwork.com ph:8322 8444 /0403 941222

Hi there is the walking thing still going on? I live in Somerton Park and would love to meet some new walking buddies, especially if dogs and / pubs are involved :-)

I work shifts so when I'm free tends to vary but I can be flexible!

Let me know, thanks, Katherine

Guest HRHelp

Hi Katherine - I'm nearish (at Hallett Cove) and often ready for a walk that involves a beach, dogs or pubs! Lets swop tel numbers/emails - 8322 8455 / bh@developmentatwork.com

I am free early mornings, weekends and Monday evenings generally - and sometimes in the day as I'm self-employed. Lets go! While the sun shines....

Guest fatman

:oHello there!

Sounds like a perfect opportunity to start up some nice little "walking groups" like they have here (Aberdeenshire, Scotland). They are quite popular here, usually for "over 50's" but there are also other groups, evening walkers, weekend walkers etc. Its so much better in groups and definately safer!!

We have a small group approx 15/17 members, meet every other week for organised walks. (which are decided during the annual meeting beginning of year).

Walks are usually during the late morn ing with lunch to follow (usually packed in rucksack). End of year Xmas dinner etc.

Unfortunately I'm nt in group anymore (to busy with other things just now).

When we eventually move to Adelaide this is something I intend to try and get going, as well as a small & friendly camera club!

Have a good week there!!

Janis (Aberdeenshire/Scotland... COLD AND RAINING AGAIN!!! :arghh:)

Guest forbess

Ladies, i would love to join your walking group, not arrived yet will do in early Oct (just in time for the nice weather...) hopefully you are still struttin' your stuff when I get there.

Hi all, Bridget & I have planned an informal walk for next Thursday 24th March meeting 2pm in Brighton by the Rememberance Arch. We're thinking something pretty chilled out, about 1 1/2 hours in total, just a stroll down the beach and back ending in one of the cafes in Brighton Rd (a licensed one, obvisouly!)... Just to get things started! Would love to see anyone there, dogs also most welcome, pm us if you want mobile numbers etc, looking forward to it, K xxx

Guest fatman

Hello there!! :o

I see your frm Scotland as well!! Have u gt your Visa's? and moving dates all set?

We r sitting our Medicals 25th this mth, so nt long before we shld have our Official Visa!! just hoping our house sells in time as we wld ideally like to move out to Adelaide late summer/early Autumn!

We live in Ellon/Aberdeenshire.

Be nice for everyone to keep in touch and then meet up once we all gt settled over in Adelaide!.... especially for a new "Walking Group"!?

Maybe I will start taking e-mails etc, might put a New Post abt this!?

Meantime mine is bungee.price@btinternet.com if u wld like to keep in touch?

Cheerio, have a nice week ok!

Janis (FREEZING COLD ABERDEENSHIRE!!!!! :sad:)

Guest the umphs

Hi Katherine,

I have just PMd you with my mobile number so if anything changes with the meet up let me know. If not, I will be at the Arch, Brighton, 2pm Thursday 24th for a walk.

Walked Brighton to Seacliff today, was a really nice one and took about 1hour 20mins.

See you next week

Sheena

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all, Bridget & I have planned an informal walk for next Thursday 24th March meeting 2pm in Brighton by the Rememberance Arch. We're thinking something pretty chilled out, about 1 1/2 hours in total, just a stroll down the beach and back ending in one of the cafes in Brighton Rd (a licensed one, obvisouly!)... Just to get things started! Would love to see anyone there, dogs also most welcome, pm us if you want mobile numbers etc, looking forward to it, K xxx

Hi, Just found your Ladies walking thread, as I have missed your last walk, I was hoping you were planning on more, I live in Brighton so this would be ideal for me, if I could join you too.

Karen

Guest HRHelp
Hi, Just found your Ladies walking thread, as I have missed your last walk, I was hoping you were planning on more, I live in Brighton so this would be ideal for me, if I could join you too.

Karen

Karen this site is difficult to navigate, can you call or email me 8322 8444 - or 2 of us are walking today (Sunday) at 11am at Brighton if anyone else wants to come - meet at Arch of Remembrance. 0403 941222, Bridget