Good dog park? Pooch needs friends....

Guest charlieandtoby

Guest charlieandtoby

Any suggestions of good, sociable off leash dog parks in or near North Adelaide? It seems hard to find a park where dog owners hang out whilst the dogs go crazy! The off-leash part of the parklands is pretty rubbish.

You could head to the Tea Tree Gully Council section of the Torrens Linear Park. Obviously you'd need to hop in the car initially but worth the trip. Park in either Highbury or Dernancourt - or walk on lead from the City side then let him run free once you get to the TTG council area!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest charlieandtoby

Nobody has posted on here for a while but I thought I'd add another post - it's good dog walking info...

I was under the impression that the peak season rules for dog walking on the beach were that your dog has to be on leash between 10 am and 8 pm. This is NOT the case for City of West Torrens - where the evening time is 5 pm. Which is great. See link below and go to 'Dogs and the Law'.

City of West Torrens - Dogs and the law - Rates, Waste and Recycling, Animals, Public Health, Planning and Building

City of West Torrens only has a small foreshore adjacent to the Saliling Club, Caravan Park and Sewage Treatment Works (just north of Glenelg) but the beach is lovely and very quiet. I recommend it. And it means you don't need to wait until 8 pm to walk off leash on the beach.

Guest Aussie pat

We have used the dog park in Conyngham St, Glenunga (not too far from North Adelaide) and found most of the other owners really friendly and up for a chat. Only thing we found was that our little Westie kept being tossed about but bigger dogs that were over friendly. So we gave up going as we were worried she could be injured. Would recommend it for bigger dogs. You would need to take some water as there is no tap.

Guest Guest75
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know of any good dog walking areas around norlonga/seaford area?

Regards

Sara and Andy

I guess the beaches would be your best bet?? The southern half of Moana beach is nice ,and car free :D

Further afield is Kuitpo Forest which has some great walking trails that we take our dogs on.

Some info here.......

ForestrySA - Mt Crawford and Kuitpo Forest Recreation

Guest cornish Busdriver
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know of any good dog walking areas around norlonga/seaford area?

Regards

Sara and Andy

Christies beach / O'Sullivans beach all day all year round, Moana Beach has a proper part for dogs.

Theres a good dog walking area with doggie assalt corse at Wilfred Taylor Reserve up Wheatsheaf road.

Guest Daisy Duke

Hi guys,

Thanks for that. I really want be quite local to somehwere so this is useful with regards searching for a property.

Thanks

Sara and Andy

Hi There

You might like to try Ashely Avenue, Ridgehaven (2 min drive from Tea Tree Plaza).

It is an official doggie park where you can let your dog run free. Also, if you are interested, at 9.30 am every morning there are 2 groups that regularly meet up with their dogs (one group for small dogs and one for large). They are extremely friendly. Just go along one morning and say Hi (most of them are also ex-poms). There is water and poop bags available, courtesy of TTG council.

Ashley Park has Tennis Court, Lawn Bowls and sport fields.

I take my little dog whenever I can (normally weekends coz I work in the week). My dog loves it and its a great way for both of you to socialize.

I hope this is of use to you. Janice

Guest Daisy Duke

Hi Janice,

Thanks for that. That's really good news as I will miss my dog walking buddies from here. Also, I love taking my dog for walks as and have made some very good friends through this in the past.

My partner and I fly out April 11th and our dog goes 2 days before, so I will prob have more seperation anxiety than her! Ha ha.

You never know I may bump into you sometime.

Sara

PS mine is a small dog - a bealge cross!

Hi There

You might like to try Ashely Avenue, Ridgehaven (2 min drive from Tea Tree Plaza).

It is an official doggie park where you can let your dog run free. Also, if you are interested, at 9.30 am every morning there are 2 groups that regularly meet up with their dogs (one group for small dogs and one for large). They are extremely friendly. Just go along one morning and say Hi (most of them are also ex-poms). There is water and poop bags available, courtesy of TTG council.

Ashley Park has Tennis Court, Lawn Bowls and sport fields.

I take my little dog whenever I can (normally weekends coz I work in the week). My dog loves it and its a great way for both of you to socialize.

I hope this is of use to you. Janice

I think that's also where the council run dog training sessions some evenings - or it was about three years ago when we used to take ours! Very reasonably priced, loads of people there (and dogs, obviously), really nice people doing the training - and you get a discount off your dog license if your dog has done a certain amount of training. Tea Tree Gully Council are definitely one of the more dog-friendly ones around.

• 4 months later...