28 yo Irish Guy New to Adelaide

Guest AMCD0109

Guest AMCD0109

Hi all,

Hope ye are all well. I'm a soon to be 29 year old Irish guy who is now 6 weeks in Adelaide working at one of the Uni's. I've been living interstate for last 2 years. Don't really know anyone here yet and would be good to get to know a few so that I can have some level of social life. Clearly this sort of thing takes time but decided I might see what the social media might through up. Coffee/Beer/Wine/Male/Female - fairly easy going guy, big sports fan, loves a laugh

Living in Glenelg East too

Anthony

Guest caoimhe

Hi Anthony,

We are from Belfast and a lot older than you but if you feel up to meeting let us know. You are welcome to come to us for dinner and a few drinks. We have 4 kids so not the highlight of your week but if your ever homesick drop me a pm and come for dinner, honestly you are very welcome, we were lucky having family here so can only imagine what it would be like to be here alone.

regards

Jacquelin

Guest AMCD0109

Thanks for message Caoimhe! It's all good so far six weeks in just trying various things to put myself out there and try get to build up a few networks. This move should be a bit easier than when I left for regional NSW from Ireland and spent two years there and made great friends. It takes time but I'll get there!!

Guest kyliemiller@hotmail.co.uk

hi my name is kylie, i'm 23 i'v been in australia nearly 2 yrs, i live in hallett cove, i don't have a massive cirle of friends but up for meetin for coffee or a drink sometime.

• 1 month later...
Guest nualarogers

My boyfriend and I have just moved to Adelaide. I'm 26 from the North, Co.Antrim he's 30 from Glasgow. Struggling a bit to meet people so if you, or anybody else is up for a drink would be great.

Nuala

Hi Nuala,

Welcome to Adelaide! I am from Adelaide, and my husband is from Glasgow. We met while I was living in the UK for a few years. He immigrated here with me nearly 4 years ago and we love it here. We are both in our early 30's and we know how hard it is to meet people, so if you want to catch up, feel free to PM me!

We both met up with Anthony a few weeks ago - maybe all of us could get together for a drink somewhere?! :cute:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Adelaide Dad

Anthony,

Welcome to little old Adelaide. Happy to meet up for a few pints and show you round. I am a single Dad from Adelaide so maybe not able to have all the free time you do but still keen to catch up. I was in Ireland last October and already planning a trip back. Take care and hope you enjoy your time here.

David

Guest Rochesdownunder
Hi all,

Hope ye are all well. I'm a soon to be 29 year old Irish guy who is now 6 weeks in Adelaide working at one of the Uni's. I've been living interstate for last 2 years. Don't really know anyone here yet and would be good to get to know a few so that I can have some level of social life. Clearly this sort of thing takes time but decided I might see what the social media might through up. Coffee/Beer/Wine/Male/Female - fairly easy going guy, big sports fan, loves a laugh

Living in Glenelg East too

Anthony

HI Anthony

We are an Irish family just arrived from Ireland 3 weeks ago today

Would love to meet up fora chat HAven,t met many irish here yet.

Let me know what you Think

Sharon Francis C &C&F

Guest Scout

Hey,

I am a 23 year old Irish girl living in Adelaide for the last few months. If you fancy meeting up for a drink or coffee or even a cup of tea ha ha let me know. That goes to any of you that fancy meeting up for a chat and a bit of laugh.

Guest bosco

hi guys, we a family of 5 moving to Adelaide Nov11,2 lads 22 + 25 ,girl 14, wife and me young at heart but 44.Great to see some irish folk there as we from Co Armagh and hoping to find some friends from Ireland and of course England ,Australia,China and anywhere else in the world as we the Irish love everybody.See you all later in the year and wish you all an Irish blessing,May the road rise to meet you and the wind be always at your back,may the sun shine warm upon your face ,the rain fall soft upon your fields,until we all meet one day may God hold you in the palm of his hand.Good luck everyone.