Holidays/time off school

Guest ebstar

Guest ebstar

Hi, so it looks like we will (hopefully)be in Australia in a few months.My oh brother has just anounced the date of his wedding 28 July 2012.I have just looked at term times and it looks like most schools go back about 12 July.Does anyone know if schools will allow you to take children out during term time? We don't want to miss his big day so will have to take the children out of school for two weeks.

Thanks

Ebstar

Guest joolz

I think you will find that the schools are more relaxed than the UK when it comes to taking the kids out of school...especially when it is such a special occassion!!!

I have found the schools here far more sensible about this kind of thing than their UK counterparts. One teacher even said to me "you can spend hours teaching them about mountains in the classroom, but if they see some for themselves on a family holiday that's so much better!" As long as you let the school know in plenty of time, and try not to take the mickey too much, they seem fine. It's a refreshing change.