Sussex UK

Guest Mizzmp

Guest Mizzmp

I am sure everyone hates all the waiting as much as us! I thought perhaps we could have a meet up somewhere to discuss everything visa and Adelaide? We are in Sussex UK but any suggestions of a good "middle meeting ground" would be great.

I am sure everyone hates all the waiting as much as us! I thought perhaps we could have a meet up somewhere to discuss everything visa and Adelaide? We are in Sussex UK but any suggestions of a good "middle meeting ground" would be great.

Would love to but not coming back lol

Where abouts in good old sunny sussex you from? Was from not so sunny hastings.

Guest Mizzmp

Thanks for replying guys. We should find somewhere to meet where kids will be occupied so adults can yarn about all things Adelaide.

We are in Polegate, near Eastbourne. Still de-icing the car most mornings but its been warmer today, got upto 10 deg! Going crazy with all the waiting but we are determined to get there!

Guest Mizzmp

Hi Wizzywozza, I lived in Saltdean for about 10 years.

I guess all our visa applications will be in before the new changes on 1st July so perhaps we could meet on Saturday 2nd July?

I have my boys to bring as well as my OH so somewhere family orientated would be good.

Any suggestions of places? x

Guest rkerrison

Wow!

My hubby a maths teacher at Angmering High and has been there for 11 years now!!!!

How old are your children? We have 3 girls 8, 5 and 3

Beckyx

Our daughter and her family have lived in Bellevue Heights for nearly 6 years. We have a son still living in Horsham and we have live near Epsom in this house for nearly 40 years. Our granddaughters are 5 & 7

We hope to get our Visas by the end of the year and will be off as soon as we can sell our house. Should get a CO in the next few months then ...........

If and when we arrive we hope to settle around Aberfoyle Park/Craigburn Farm, Flagstaff Hill,/Happy Valley/Coromandal Valley area. The Visas are costing us an arm and a leg and the £ is not going so far so who knows what we will be able to afford by then!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jadeyk
Wow!

My hubby a maths teacher at Angmering High and has been there for 11 years now!!!!

How old are your children? We have 3 girls 8, 5 and 3

Beckyx

Hey, such a small world.

We live behind the Angmering school! My OH went there. If your husband has been there 11 years he probably taught him? Whats his name? My OH is Brian Baker (the oldest of the baker redheads lol)

Is it you that Cara&Gav mentioned when I met up with them on Friday?

We should all defo have a meet. Get a little clan up. Anyone got date/location in mind?

Jade:jiggy:

Guest Mizzmp

I was thinking of everyone meeting up on 2nd July as Brighton has the paddle round the pier. We would have all put in our visas by that date so can celebrate. Brighton is easy to get to by train/bus/car etc plus it will be on the beach with a surfy theme, very apt for moving over there I feel.

Any other suggestions welcome of course.

Guest Jadeyk

Sounds good to me. We're possibly still going to be lagging behind with out application (thankfully we have enough points after July) as we are only just getting started but will be up for meeting all the same! x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest teresa

Hi,

We are just waiting for paperwork to formalise my hubbies job offer in Adelaide, so i thought i would join the forum. I see you are from Sussex, we are also in East Sussex. Where abouts are you ?

Guest teresa
I was thinking of everyone meeting up on 2nd July as Brighton has the paddle round the pier. We would have all put in our visas by that date so can celebrate. Brighton is easy to get to by train/bus/car etc plus it will be on the beach with a surfy theme, very apt for moving over there I feel.

Any other suggestions welcome of course.

Ok. im a bit dozy sometimes, comes with having a two year old i guess!. Shouldve read the rest of the posts. Would really like to meet everyone on the 2nd - if thats ok. Please let me know. Thanks

• 3 months later...
Guest Chris&Trudy

Hi ya all,

We are a family of 4 (2 boys aged 7 yrs and 21 months) and from Angmering. Fingers crossed we will be out in Adelaide this time next year.

Chris