Anyone in Yorkshire?

Guest helene73

Guest helene73

I wondered if anyone else in Yorkshire Is applying to SA would be nice to chat and make some new friends, before we all get over there!

I am in scarborough north Yorkshire.

Would be great to hear from you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are plenty of us that have escaped from what is "gods county" - as my Dad would say.

I used to live in Ripon and I am sure there is a girl in Thirsk... can't remember her name on here that is applying.

If you can meet with folk in a similar position to yourself it does make life easier and you can really talk about the problems, issues and excitements without getting people looking blankly at you or that look of like oh here they go again!

I met up with a lady before we came out and now she has since moved just round the corner and our kids go to the same day care/kindy and it's great.

Hope you get some response form folk still there :-)

Good luck on your journey.

Michelle

I wondered if anyone else in Yorkshire Is applying to SA would be nice to chat and make some new friends, before we all get over there!

Hi i live in Leeds with my hubby and 4 boys. We had our Meds on 4 March and are waiting for visa to be granted. Hopefully leaving Feb 2012 if all works out. How far with process are you. Janice.

Guest helene73
Hi i live in Leeds with my hubby and 4 boys. We had our Meds on 4 March and are waiting for visa to be granted. Hopefully leaving Feb 2012 if all works out. How far with process are you. Janice.

Hi Janice great to hear from you. I am just waiting on my TRA results so still a way behind you :( I was in leeds on Monday for a bit of retail therapy lol x

Guest helene73

Thanks Michelle, I think it would be great to meet up with get to know some guys in the same position, suppose it gives you a head start on making friends rather than moving some where and not knowing anyone. You know I have never being to Ripon!! X

Guest guest3462

I'm sure nicandchris on here are from scarborough. We are from Wakefield, but we have been here in Aus 2 years now.

There are loads of white roses knocking about! :-)

Hi there, we live in Barnsley (Ian, myself and our 2 daughters). Ian is a carpenter and has done his Vetassess stuff.

We are submitting our SS stuff this week (is the plan!).

Like you, we are a while away from the big move yet, but can't wait!

Let us know how you are getting on with it all...

Rachael

Guest helene73

Yeah in touch with nic&chris

It's great to hear from everyone and good to share our experiences,hopefully we will make some really good friends on here! It would be so great to have friends before our big move wouldn't it :) x

Guest helene73
Hi there, we live in Barnsley (Ian, myself and our 2 daughters). Ian is a carpenter and has done his Vetassess stuff.

Rachael

Hi Rachael we are practically at the same stage, once I get the SS sorted !!! Agent doing my nut in I am gonna take everyones advice on here and amend it tonight. I am a hairdresser and OH computer engineer so handy people to know lol I can't wait to go and start a new life, you keep in touch too and let me know how your getting in :) x

Guest Guest75

There can't be many of us Yorkies left in GOC now - we are all over here.:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Leeds lad myself :cute:

You can allus tell a Yorkshireman - but not a lot :biglaugh:

Hi, we are in Ripon (Ian 45 Self employed courier, Julia 40 Staff nurse).

We have just really started the process, Julia will be on a 457 employer sponsored visa. She has just sent her application to the Australian Nursing Board.

Once that is received, we will start the visa process.

Ian & Julia

Hi I am new to using the forum however i have been a member for some time,

We are from Leeds, and the process from the start to where we are now has been a long one and had its ups and its downs too.

We are going for our meds next week so we are hopefully nearly there.

We are all excited,about the dream possibilities that may happen at last-

They PIA has ben great for infomation and it feels good not to feel like the only ones who are going through the same processes,

cheers

Andy

Guest helene73
Hi I am new to using the forum however i have been a member for some time,

We are from Leeds, and the process from the start to where we are now has been a long one and had its ups and its downs too.

We are going for our meds next week so we are hopefully nearly there.

We are all excited,about the dream possibilities that may happen at last-

They PIA has ben great for infomation and it feels good not to feel like the only ones who are going through the same processes,

cheers

Andy

Good luck with the meds, you will have to let us all know on this thread how you get on :) good luck x

Guest helene73
Hi, we are in Ripon (Ian 45 Self employed courier, Julia 40 Staff nurse).

We have just really started the process, Julia will be on a 457 employer sponsored visa. She has just sent her application to the Australian Nursing Board.

Once that is received, we will start the visa process.

Ian & Julia

Hi Ian and Julia, another not too far away! I am waiting on TRA results hopefully should be this week or next then we can get on I am trying for 176 so have to secure state sponsorship before I can get on with the visa, good luck and keep us all updated :) x

Guest helene73
There can't be many of us Yorkies left in GOC now - we are all over here.:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Leeds lad myself :cute:

You can allus tell a Yorkshireman - but not a lot :biglaugh:

Lmao that's cos we all have the sense to get out of here, how long have you been in SA? X

Guest helene73
I'm sure nicandchris on here are from scarborough. We are from Wakefield, but we have been here in Aus 2 years now.

There are loads of white roses knocking about! :-)

That's great to know :) x

Guest Amanda12

Hi

We are from Halifax. OH originally from Leeds and lived in Scarborough for a while. We got engaged in Scarborough. I love it there. :)

Guest Guest75
Lmao that's cos we all have the sense to get out of here, how long have you been in SA? X

We've been here nearly 11 years now. So I guess we are "old giffers" :biglaugh:

Lots of adventures and fun on the way,wouldn't change it (well most).

No forums when we came out!

We were from Pudsey,our house looked out over the Owlcotes Centre,nice view but the windchill factor in winter off the Moors!!!!:shocked:

Been back 3 times and it just seems to get worse, busier and more traffic congested.

What part of Leeds are you from???

Guest guest3462

Rachael

I am from Barnsley originally!! Where abuts are you? We went back at christmas and got stuck In all that snow, never been so cold in my life!!!! :-)

I am from Barnsley originally!! Where abuts are you? We went back at christmas and got stuck In all that snow, never been so cold in my life!!!! :-)

And people ask why we want to leave!!! I don't mind if I never see snow again!

We're off Wakefield Road and can't wait to be off to Oz!

Guest helene73
We've been here nearly 11 years now. So I guess we are "old giffers" :biglaugh:

Lots of adventures and fun on the way,wouldn't change it (well most).

No forums when we came out!

We were from Pudsey,our house looked out over the Owlcotes Centre,nice view but the windchill factor in winter off the Moors!!!!:shocked:

Been back 3 times and it just seems to get worse, busier and more traffic congested.

What part of Leeds are you from???

I am in Scarborough, Tyke :)

HI we have just lodged our 176 visa , now just sat waiting !!! there seems to be plenty of tykes out there , it would be nice to keep in touch , we are hoping to hit adelaide some time 2011, we are cat 2 state sponsored so fingers crossed :jiggy:

Just seen a role call for Yorkies. Yes we're from the old West Riding and been living in Paradise for almost two years now. Best of luck and give us a shout when you all get over. As Tyke said there's plenty of us over here. Maybe we should all get together on Yorkshire day and reminisce about working 60 hour shifts, 9 day a week and the joys of pigeon racing ;)

Guest tpgc03

We are originally from Swinton, Rotherham in South Yorkshire and have been here just over 5 months now. Eee by gum, its lovely here in Port Noarlunga :)