Come and join us, come and join us

We are the chosen few

Come and join us, come and join us

At a Scottish barbeque

Now, the english love their roast meat

The French eat snails and frogs

The Greeks go crackers over their moussaka and the Chinese love hotdogs

The Welshmen love to have a leek, the Irish love their stew

But you just can't beat that half-cooked meat at a Scottish barbeque!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL WELCOME (even the english ;))

Date: 28 May 2011

Time: 13h00

Venue: On the grass, next to the Buffalo ship in Glenelg

To bring: All of your food and bevvy (there are two gas barbies available for those who want to bbq)

Kids welcome as there is a nice playgym and plenty of open space

Those who want to drop a line in the water can also do so. Plenty of bream and other wee diddy fish aboot.

Mone, jyne in!

Guest Squareman

SA Great, the invite clearly says All Welcome, so you are more than welcome to join. An interpreter will be available on the day. Hehe

Guest SA Great
SA Great, the invite clearly says All Welcome, so you are more than welcome to join. An interpreter will be available on the day. Hehe

LOL interpreter will be most welcome. Can he convert everything into Australian? Yeah Naaa, Look, She'll be apples mate!! Maybe scottish is easier to understand!

Guest Squareman

I've no decided yet. Being a Rangers supporter, I guess I should be displaying empathy with supporters of the wee diddy clubs. It's no nice to keep rubbing your success in others' faces......hehe

Guest Squareman

Just bumping this to the top of the board in case some of you haven't seen it.

Again, please note that this is not an exclusively Scottish gathering. There are a number of people coming who aren't members of the Master Race, so please feel free to join us this Saturday in Glenelg, near the Buffalo ship (the bbq area) at 13h00.

Slàinte mhath!

Guest TheYales

Hi Squareman,

Loving your rhyme! Rabbie would be proud! We'll dig aboot for some lorne sausage and join you this weekend! Hubbie will be in Boro shirt to mix it up!

The Yales

Guest Squareman

That would be favourite Tyson, but I think some folk will be bringing kids. I don't know of too many kiddie friendly places in the area. A related concern is the fact that the bbq area we have chosen is a dry zone, I think? Every time I walk past there I see people drinking, but I'm not keen on tempting fate. I can imagine the headline in the Sunday Mail - 'Gang of Poms Arrested'

hehe