Activities for pre-schoolers

Hi

I am trying to find structured activities for my kids and struggling. They go to swimming classes which I see as vital to living here by the sea but wanted an activity like athletics or gym for them but not found anything that I like.

Went to funky moves at Lonsdale and I know it has good reviews but personally I was not that impressed, it was cold and the people were not that welcoming and anyway I wanted a bit more structure similar to gym joeys like we used to go to in the UK.

My son can do the older more structured class but really want something just for my daughter she is only 2 1/2 well nearly 3 so not sure what to try next.

Looked into LAFS the little athletics but they don't have a class when my son can go. The other athletics at Hallet Cove is on too late on a Friday night.

Anyone know of anything else, will consider music, dancing, athletics and gym stuff???

• 2 months later...
Guest cyprus2001

Hi there i too have a 3.5 yr old son as well as a 12 year old and 9 year old and too am in noarlunga so if you do find anywhere and wanted to go along with someone then please do pm me we only just arrived and you kow what its like always looking to meet other people. Which swim sessions does your little one do as would be interested for louis. Many thanks

kelly 33, ben 36 owen 2 joe 9 and louis 3.5

Guest Here at last!

Hi

I take my 4 year old to Ready Steady Go. I go to the class in Stepney but I'm sure they do classes elsewhere. They have 5 different sports per term to learn and just concentrate on the basics to introduce children to different sports. The instructors are very good at the Stepney class.

Guest Ric & Paula

Just a thought but have you tried the library,ours has story time sessions,as do most,followed by activities of some sort,ie.baking etc.Noticed lots holiday activities too,such as visits from Cleland with the wildlife(eeek)!They usually advertise allsorts and have toy libraries too,our kids group was free and good fun.

Hi there i too have a 3.5 yr old son as well as a 12 year old and 9 year old and too am in noarlunga so if you do find anywhere and wanted to go along with someone then please do pm me we only just arrived and you kow what its like always looking to meet other people. Which swim sessions does your little one do as would be interested for louis. Many thanks

kelly 33, ben 36 owen 2 joe 9 and louis 3.5

Hi, Same applies to us. Just arrived and looking to do things with the little ones. Please PM if anything interesting comes along.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest migrating from norwich

Kindermusic is really good. My 3 and a half year old loves it. Classses are in Blackwood and other locations www.tritones.com.au. They have won awards for their classes and I can definitely recommend them.

There are also some good kindergym classes.

There are good sessions on at the libraries at the moment as part of the SA writers festival.

Guest majortom

Have you checked out Noarlunga little athletics ?? They hold their meets on Sunday morning and would cater for both your children im the tiny tots program.

Good Luck

Jim