Anybody looking to make the move July 2012?

Guest teamV

Were looking somewhere around the end of may, early june 2012 ,if we get are visa ,just meds and police checks to do,so should be ok ,be you always worry something will go wrong.we have are meds on the 16th, so we have not sent for police checks yet ,so we will have to be there before the 16th of june next year.

Oh wow, whom is all making the move? we are a family of four with 2 little girls, we are hoping to move south of adelaide. Im in health care and my hubby is still considering his options, maybe mining or drugs sector where he currently works, not sure yet. Its great to get in touch with people whom are heading in the direction we are at that time., what are you all hoping to do?

Hello,

we, me and OH are hoping to move next Summer, we are off for a reccie next month. Hubby is still serving in the Army but going to put his notice in when he gets back from Afghanistan in June. Really looking forward to going and meeting lovely new peeps.

Sharon

Guest teamV
Oh wow, whom is all making the move? we are a family of four with 2 little girls, we are hoping to move south of adelaide. Im in health care and my hubby is still considering his options, maybe mining or drugs sector where he currently works, not sure yet. Its great to get in touch with people whom are heading in the direction we are at that time., what are you all hoping to do?

Were very similar to you ,i'm a diesel mechanic by trade ,but work for myself and have a little garage ,my partner Vicky does all the paper work and brings up are 2 young boys ,Glenn who's 4 and Alex who's 6 months..We have a lot to sort out before we go ,which is why we're trying to give ourselves as much time as possable before we go ,as its expensive to just go over and validate the visa,we want to just go for good .

I don't fancy mining ,sounds like hard work:biglaugh:,also hard for the rest of the family to settle in if you away all the time.

Kev.

Guest teamV
Hello,

we, me and OH are hoping to move next Summer, we are off for a reccie next month. Hubby is still serving in the Army but going to put his notice in when he gets back from Afghanistan in June. Really looking forward to going and meeting lovely new peeps.

Sharon

Hi Sharon,when you go on the reccie ,am I right in thinking that will validate your visa ,were hopeing to make freinds quickly ,as I feel it will help us settle down.

Kev.

Guest Angie12

Hi ya

We're going to be moving over next Jan/Feb 2012 , like alot of you we've got loads to do and we're in the middle of finally finishing off our house , so we can put on the market .

When we move over it's not to validate either , its permanently .The sooner we get over and start settling in the better ;)

Can't wait really but this year is already speeding past sooo fast , that it'll be hear before we know it :cute:

Hi Kev,

yes our reccie will validate our visa, we had til 6th Jan 2012 to enter Oz so going sooner rather tha leter just in case anything else pops up on the horizon which could muck up things. Where are you planning on settling? We've been looking at blackwood.

Sharon

Were very similar to you ,i'm a diesel mechanic by trade ,but work for myself and have a little garage ,my partner Vicky does all the paper work and brings up are 2 young boys ,Glenn who's 4 and Alex who's 6 months..We have a lot to sort out before we go ,which is why we're trying to give ourselves as much time as possable before we go ,as its expensive to just go over and validate the visa,we want to just go for good .

I don't fancy mining ,sounds like hard work:biglaugh:,also hard for the rest of the family to settle in if you away all the time.

Kev.

Hi yes, that could be true about the mining side of things, its a no brainer for me as im in healthcare, hubby I suppose can go back to the drawing board and try something new or carry on path hes on at the moment, all these options! Still 12 months to go, have you been to adelaide before?

Guest Angie12
Hi angie, what areas do you fancy, we quite liked east and south of the city.

Hi ya

Not really sure on areas at the mo , we're going to wait till we get out there ,have a good look and get a feel for an area :) But saying that do quite like the look of the east of the city,like you , and maybe north ish:eek: Would like some where with beautiful views and hilly but we'll see :cute:

Just want to get out there and enjoy exploring ;)

Hi - we are looking at moving in July 2012. I am from Port Noarlunga originally but have been in the UK for 34 years. We are looking to settle South of Adelaide basically from Port Noarlunga to Aldinga. As I am an Aussie the kids and i can have an Aussie passport which we have just been to Edinburgh to apply. Unfortunately, my wife has to apply for a visa but hopefully that will be straight forward. We have to sort the house out first though.

Hi - we are looking at moving in July 2012. I am from Port Noarlunga originally but have been in the UK for 34 years. We are looking to settle South of Adelaide basically from Port Noarlunga to Aldinga. As I am an Aussie the kids and i can have an Aussie passport which we have just been to Edinburgh to apply. Unfortunately, my wife has to apply for a visa but hopefully that will be straight forward. We have to sort the house out first though.

What made you want to leave blighty? Was it the call of your roots or the state of play? We wanted to live in a warm climate in a country with better opportunities. :jiggy:

There are various reasons for leaving the UK the way we seem to get ripped off (especially fuel), my job is definitely under threat (thanks to the banking industry), the general rule in the UK is job first family second, lack of any sort of immigration control and finally the main one to give our kids a better chance in life.

Now I know the cost of living is getting higher in Adelaide and fuel/energy is on the rise but not everything is about the money - it is more about family. having just lost my mum it has made me more determined to get back to Oz as she was all for it and I think deep down she regretted coming back after being out there for 13 years.

There are various reasons for leaving the UK the way we seem to get ripped off (especially fuel), my job is definitely under threat (thanks to the banking industry), the general rule in the UK is job first family second, lack of any sort of immigration control and finally the main one to give our kids a better chance in life.

Now I know the cost of living is getting higher in Adelaide and fuel/energy is on the rise but not everything is about the money - it is more about family. having just lost my mum it has made me more determined to get back to Oz as she was all for it and I think deep down she regretted coming back after being out there for 13 years.

Yes, thats our main reason too, to give our children better opportunities and ourselves. I really do believe the uk is over saturated with people now due to lack of immigration control.

Guest Sarahgillett

We are coming over to adelaide at the end of July - only for 6 months for my husbands job - we are a fmaily of 5 camille 4 sebby 3 and reuben 7 months. looking to move to the eastern suburbs but really have no clue at all about anything in Oz! PLaying it by ear but would be great to chat about things, sarah

Hi sarah, what does your hubby do? Im a nurse (laura) (34), hubby (Stu 33) works in drugs sector at mo, and we have 2 little girls, jasmine 4 and a half, freya, 8 months. We are hoping to settle in south adelaide, we've got a validation trip booked for this sunday to perth so not looking forward to that, but you get over it eh? lack of sleep!!!

Guest Becster19

Hi. We are hoping to be moving to Adelaide around July of next year too, if not a little before. I am probably going to be made redundant tomorrow so would like to get there ASAP as do not want to get stuck into another job in the UK knowing that I'm leaving.

At the mo we are looking at the Eastern Suburbs/hills areas but that could easily change. A lot will depend on where we eventually end up working. We lived in Adelaide for a year in 2006 and loved it so super excited to be heading back.

Great idea to start a thread for people heading over next year. Will help to keep us all motivated and positive.

Guest Ian Butler

Hi Everyone!

I have just joined this site and found this post. My wife and I, along with our baby girl (18 weeks), are thinking about moving to Adelaide in July 2012. We have our visas but just need to figure out where!!! Originally we were considering Sydney but are now warming to the idea of life in SA. It's really confusing and we don't know where to start looking (in terms of areas).

Ideally we would love a house (rent first) close to the coast and maybe about 30mins drive to the city. If anyone knows any nice areas to look into I would love to hear from you. The site looks great and I think it will be a good source of info as I certainly will be needing it!