Reccie Trip Aug 2011

apart8

Hey everyone,

Our flights to Adelaide are booked and we arrive for a short validation and reccie trip on 22 August 2011 for 10 nights! Not long I know but we are keen to cram in as much as we can in the time we have........Can anyone help with or give us pointers.......

1, Accommodation

2, Rugby club/footy club we could go to at the weekend

3, BMX park or club

4, a social get together

5, Someone to make friends with and show us the area

We are a family of 3, Alex,41 welder/fabricator, myself Allison 41 physio assistant, and Connor 15 who doesnt really want to come but we want to show him the best on offer. We would love to meet up with some of you for chat etc.

Thanks

Allison, Alex and Connor:)

Guest Opportunities
Hey everyone,

Our flights to Adelaide are booked and we arrive for a short validation and reccie trip on 22 August 2011 for 10 nights! Not long I know but we are keen to cram in as much as we can in the time we have........Can anyone help with or give us pointers.......

1, Accommodation

2, Rugby club/footy club we could go to at the weekend

3, BMX park or club

4, a social get together

5, Someone to make friends with and show us the area

We are a family of 3, Alex,41 welder/fabricator, myself Allison 41 physio assistant, and Connor 15 who doesnt really want to come but we want to show him the best on offer. We would love to meet up with some of you for chat etc.

Thanks

Allison, Alex and Connor:)

Hi Alex,

I know that you will have a great time in Adelaide! We did our reccie trip Sept.2010 and loved it! We are moving over in December 2011.

My OH is also a welder and our eldest will be 15 in September. Have you done any research on areas or schools yet? Fortunately our daughter is ok with the move and looking forward to it. Good luck with the attempts to impress your son, I am sure he will be ok after the visit!

I am sure that people on this forum like Kim from Acacia Rentals www.acaciarentals.com.au can help with furnished rental (beautiful luxury accommodation) and she will definitely be able to advise on the area as well.

Have a blast in Adelaide!

Karen

:D

Thanks Karen,

The website you directed us to was really useful and the dates we want are looking available. We are phoning Kim in the morning to hopefully confirm. Was this where you stayed when you went? If so how easy was it to get around.......I think we are doing 3 nights in Adelaide in a hotel too. Just spoke with our son who kinda bribed us, 'I will go to Oz if you let me camp out tnight with mates', what did I say.....'No problem'. Things are looking up. Our visa was granted 11 May 11 but we are using this as our validation trip. I want Connor to do his GCSEs here first before going and then hopefully we will look at colleges etc for him there. I think he must be in the school year above your daughter.

Anyway thaks again and would love to keep in touch to compare notes,

Allison

Guest Opportunities
Thanks Karen,

The website you directed us to was really useful and the dates we want are looking available. We are phoning Kim in the morning to hopefully confirm. Was this where you stayed when you went? If so how easy was it to get around.......I think we are doing 3 nights in Adelaide in a hotel too. Just spoke with our son who kinda bribed us, 'I will go to Oz if you let me camp out tnight with mates', what did I say.....'No problem'. Things are looking up. Our visa was granted 11 May 11 but we are using this as our validation trip. I want Connor to do his GCSEs here first before going and then hopefully we will look at colleges etc for him there. I think he must be in the school year above your daughter.

Anyway thaks again and would love to keep in touch to compare notes,

Allison

Hi Allison,

We are going to stay there for the first few weeks when we arrive in Dec 2011.You can speak to Kim re easy accessible transport,she will it to you straight up.

We will keep in touch,as everyone here shares in everyones experiences and support where needed!

Enjoy the visit!

Karen

Hi!

We stayed in a chalet at Adelaide Shores, in West Beach, last Feb on our visit to Adelaide.

It was a good base to get around from and nice clean facilities on the resort.

I'm sure you'll enjoy, wherever you stay. It's a lovely place!!!

Hi Allison,

We are going to stay there for the first few weeks when we arrive in Dec 2011.You can speak to Kim re easy accessible transport,she will it to you straight up.

We will keep in touch,as everyone here shares in everyones experiences and support where needed!

Enjoy the visit!

Karen

Hi Karen,

Just paid for our stay Acacia. We were lucky with our dates and managed to get in with them, and yes you were right about Kim, sooo helpful. She said she will come round one night an give us the low down on the area and all we need to know on our migration etc. Thanks again,

Allison

Guest Nige69

hi we went on our reccie in nov 2010 we stayed in glenelg in the ocean plaza it was on the beach we had a great time it was nice becouse you are by the beach but there is a tram that takes you into the city glenelg was a lovely place well worth a visit we are desperate to move there but havent had any viewers on our house in southport hope you have a wonderful time dawn x

Guest marieproudfoot

Hi all,We moved here from the Wirral 3 years ago and love it.We have twin girls aged 10 years.I am a Registered Nurse and my Husband Bill is an electrical engineer.We live in Fairview park and would be happy to meet up with you in August and help with anything we can.

The rugby club we goto is The Onkas just off states road...not too bad a standard had a good couple of seasons then dropped off a bit..a good social event....with a few beers.

Our teenagers didnt want to come over either, its normal i reckon....but you ask them now ans they wnt go back for all the money in the world, sure we have had some tough times but on the whole we love it out here...

hope your reccie goes ok......

PS if the start of winter is anything to go by you may wanna bring some warm clothes...brrrr

HG

Hi all,We moved here from the Wirral 3 years ago and love it.We have twin girls aged 10 years.I am a Registered Nurse and my Husband Bill is an electrical engineer.We live in Fairview park and would be happy to meet up with you in August and help with anything we can.

:chatterbox:That sounds brilliant, thank you. Does your workplace have a physio dept? I may visit some and have a chat with them etc and take my CV. We cant wait. Only family know we are thinking of the move so far just in case things go belly up but we are excited to get there.

We will keep in touch and let you know our plans. Few weeks to go yet but counting down!

Thanks again!

Allison, Alex and Connor Part

Thanks HG,

We will look the club up. We did contact one club who said their season had ended by the time we get there due to the Rugby in New Zealand? Anyway I am sure we will pass our time somehow. We are packing the woollies, thanks.

Allison, Alex and Connor

Guest marieproudfoot

:cute:Hi Allison,I am not working at the moment but I can direct you to some hospitals that I have worked in.Please feel free to email me at marieproudfoot@aol.com and we can keep in touch.

Glad you are packing the woolies as Bill was very concerned and said to tell you to bring them,getting chilly here at moment especially at night.

Hi Allison,

Enjoy the visit!

Karen

Hi Allison we stayed at Semaphore for a few nights at the discovery park ,its a caravan park which also has chalet very reasonable and a good base,we then had 5 nights in glenhelg in a hotel think that was about $140 a night but offer less as they did drop the price for us and that was in January,cant remember what the hotel was called but it was close to the beach tram and Harbour.