Yorkshire Meet???

Guest Happychick

Guest Happychick

Hi Everyone,

Myself, my husband aaron and our son kyle (4) are moving to adelaide hopefully by july, We live near Leeds and were just wondering if anyone who was looking at going out to adelaide fancied meeting up for a drink and a chat, would be great to know a few people before we go..

Havnt arranged anything before but am sure if anyone is interested we can sort something out

Lisa and Aaron

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest baino&bash

We're not that far on - actually very early in the process. However, there is a small chance we could be there within 6 months of you, so I'll bear you in mind when we are hopefully a bit further on. We're in Bury, but both of us have lived in Halifax and Huddersfield in the past, so Leeds is not too far. If you don't mind me asking, what are your occuptions, and your visa type?

Guest jill wright

Hi

We're from Ossett nr Wakefield its nice to know there are people on this forum from Yorkshire.Phil is a baker and has had his skills assessed by TRA and received SA sponsorship as we are going over on the 495 Visa.Would be happy to meet up Saturday night would be best for us

Jill(40)Phil(40)Lucy(15)Daniel(11) and Thomas(6)

Guest Happychick

Hi Jill,

When are you looking at being in adelaide?? Which is the best saturday for you and where would you like to meet. We live in Birstall near the showcase so very near. So just let us know when and where is best for you

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

We're from Ossett nr Wakefield its nice to know there are people on this forum from Yorkshire.Phil is a baker and has had his skills assessed by TRA and received SA sponsorship as we are going over on the 495 Visa.Would be happy to meet up Saturday night would be best for us

Jill(40)Phil(40)Lucy(15)Daniel(11) and Thomas(6)

Hi

we arrived in September on a 495 visa , we also lived in ossett so there are two things in common already , its great here , the lifestyle is brilliant but the 495 has financial issues which you need to be prepared for in the first couple of years before you can get a full visa , saying that we would still not go home...

hopefully we can meet up when you get here , and any questions you have just fire away

Steph , Jason and Zach ( 2 )

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jill wright

Hi Steph

Many apologies for not replying sooner prob with computer!.I know of two more families who have just left Ossett to go to Australia but not Adelaide. It feels really nice to know theres someone from good old Ossett to catch up with when we finally get there. Where about's have you settled and how easy did you find it to get a job?

The Wrights(ossett)

Guest jill wright

Hi Lisa

Sorry for not getting back sooner problems with computer. We are about to submit our visa then thinking of having a reccie on our own. I know where 'The Pheasent' is if you would like to meet for a couple of hours one Friday or Saturday early evening or any of the bars near showcase it would be really interesting to hear all about your migration process

Jill,Phil,Lucy,Daniel and Thomas

Guest jill wright

Hi Lisa

Sorry for not getting back to you problems with our computer. We are about to submit our visa then may have a reccie just the two of us (if we can get away with it ) late this year early next. Would be really nice to meet up and hear your side of the migration process. I know where 'The Phesant' is if you would like to meet for a couple of hours one Friday or Saturday teatime/early evening or maybe one of the bars near 'the showcase'

The Wrights x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nicolette

Hi Lisa and Aaron, We received our visas in December and are considering moving to Adelaide although still undecided as we have never been to Adelaide although went to Australia last year and loved it and we are going again in May to decide where to live. I really liked Melbourne although more expensive to live and climate not as good as Adelaide. We live in Barrowford near Nelson, Burnley. Dont know if you know where that is and would be interested in meeting up if you fancy it at some point. My husband Shaun is a joiner also and we have two children aged 9 and 11. Dont know if you have any info on wages etc that a joiner can expect to earn out there? I have looked at a few job sites but most dont specify wages/salary and it seems to vary quite a lot from some i have looked at. Shaun is quite worried about being able to earn a decent living without having to work as hard as he does now and seems to be getting cold feet so i am loking forward to going back in May and then he will remember why we wanted to go in the first place! Hopefully speak soon, Nicolette

Guest markshelley

Hi Lisa and Aaron + little one.....

We have just read your post and would like to take you up on the offer (if it still stands) to possibly meet for a drink and a chat about things no doubt connected to oz Ha Ha!!!!...

Im Mark 34 and im a Joiner/Site Manager and my wife is Shelley and she's a Teaching Assistant and not forgetting our 3 sappers Courtney 9, Harry and Charlie twin boys 5.

So please get in touch soon to arrange an appropriate date and please say if you prefer 1st meet with or without kids (gives us chance to find babysiter)

Regards

Mark and Shelley.............

Guest kelly2008

Hiya

We are new on this site and am interested in meeting up.

We are in the very early stages and have just been to a seminar last week all about moving to australia and have some forms to fill in.

Kelly and Mark

Guest markshelley

Hi Kelly and Mark...

Welcome to PIA. Good to hear from somebody who is in the early stages of migrating just like us, cos most are well on the road to happiness.

So where are you guys from? We are in Wakefield, West Yorkshire.

What do you 2 do for work?

Regards

Mark and Shelley........

Guest kelly2008

Hiya

Hubby is a Roofer and Im a qualified Teaching Assistant.

We have 2 children.

Im just hoping there would be plenty of work for Roofers in Adelaide.

We are in Stockton on tees, North east near Middlesbrough.

Guest markshelley

Hi there....

Nice to hear from you.

As you can see we have some stuff in common with jobs and kids and stuff.

So when and where would you like to meet up so we can exchange all sorts of stuff, it would be great to get to know some folk before we go then also it would cushion the shock over there if there is some familiar faces if you know what i mean.

Shelley and Mark......

Guest Happychick
Hi Lisa and Aaron + little one.....

We have just read your post and would like to take you up on the offer (if it still stands) to possibly meet for a drink and a chat about things no doubt connected to oz Ha Ha!!!!...

Im Mark 34 and im a Joiner/Site Manager and my wife is Shelley and she's a Teaching Assistant and not forgetting our 3 sappers Courtney 9, Harry and Charlie twin boys 5.

So please get in touch soon to arrange an appropriate date and please say if you prefer 1st meet with or without kids (gives us chance to find babysiter)

Regards

Mark and Shelley.............

Hi Mark, Shelley and Family

How are you? As you can see from the thread there are quite a few of us adelaide bound people that are looking to meet which is great!! Would be great to speak to you with you been a joiner same as the hubby!!

When do you think you will be in adelaide ?? Have you ever been before.

I am going to put another post on here for everyone suggesting a couple of dates and venues but if you have any other ideas we are pretty flexible so just say!!

All the best

Lisa

Guest Happychick
Hiya

We are new on this site and am interested in meeting up.

We are in the very early stages and have just been to a seminar last week all about moving to australia and have some forms to fill in.

Kelly and Mark

Hi Kelly and Mark,

Welcome to the site.. bet you cant wait to get all the forms filled in and sent off!!

Have you guys ever been to australia before?? We havn't so some people think we are slightly mad moving to the other side of the world not knowing what its like,, But cant wait to get there and see for myself!!

I am going to put another post on here suggesting a couple of dates and venues, but if you have any other ideas we are quite flexible so just say!!

All the best

Lisa

Guest Happychick

Hi everyone ,

Hope your all havin a good weekend!! As you can see there are quite a few of us that would like to meet for a chat which is great !!

Date wise how does either saturday 22nd march sound or sat 05 april.. Was thinking we could meet mid afternoon maybe 1 or 2 o'clock, as for places was thinking of the brickworks pub (just of junction 27 of the M62) which will be good with or without the kids as there is a play area to keep them occupied !

As mentioned in a few posts we are pretty flexible so if anyone can think of anywhere different and want to meet earlier or a little later just let me know

Looking forward to meeting everyone

Lisa

Guest jill wright

Hi Lisa

April 5th would be great for us as Phil and Daniel in Holland the 22nd march in a footie tournament .I've heard of the brickworks so venue not a problem either. Looking forward to meeting everyone take care till then

Jill,Phil,Lucy,Daniel and Thomas

Guest nicolette

Hi lisa, just got back from Spain yesterday so thought id check my emails,all 34 of them! Jst noticed the dates you suggested but we are away on the 22nd March as its Easter weekend and we go away in our caravan that weekend, any other time would be good for us. Hope to hear from you soon, would be good if we could work a date out to meet up with a few people. Nicolette