meet up in scotland

Guest kmcd

:D Hi, I'm new to this site finding it very helpful and friendly just looking through some threads about meet ups in Crawley and how helpful they've been for a lot of people.If anyone is interested in meeting up in either Edinburgh or surrounding area to discuss progress and generally make friends with people who are making the move i would love to hear from you. I am Karen (in my very early 40's !!!) and hubby Keith also young 40 something.Good luck to all Karen

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Karen,

we are living in Coatbridge, lanarkshire at the moment so only about 20 minutes from Livingston.

I tried a few months ago to get a meet organised up here, but we were too far spread out over Scotland to make it work, but heyho I digress...

Deer Park would be a good place, fairly central for yourselves and us. There is also another couple from Hamilton and another from Stirling (although haven't seen the latter on for a bit, so don't know if they have already made the move).

But let me know what you think and we'll try between us all to get a date and venue organised.

You can PM me if you wish.

Yeh that sounds great to us and the Deer Park is a great venue very central for us !!keep in touch we'll see if anyone else is interested the more the merrier and discuss date times etc..

Thanks Karen

Hi guys,

Are you available for a Scottish meet up for 2nd February at Deer Park, brewers fayre in Livingston.

What is the preference, afternoon or evening?

Would be nice to see as many there as possible, to exchange stories and get to know more people for going over to the sunny side!

Guest stiffsimon

I'm up for a Scottish meet but as I live right up on the North coast not too sure about Edinburgh. Inverness would be preferable to me but suspect less preferable to those in the Central belt. Mind you sounds like a good excuse for a weekend away.

Simon

Guest stiffsimon

Just a thought but my agency is Overseas Emigration based in Edinburgh and I know that Andy and Cornelia use them also. If there are more people using OE and people without an agent yet maybe we could persuade OE to sponsor a meet up or maybe even use their offices as a meet up point. Just a thought, wadda ya reckon?

Simon

Hi Folks, Hope all is well with everyone, 2nd February at Deer Park is good for us would be better in the evening as i may be working that weekend but will finish at 5pm. However if afternoon is better for others i can try and swap shifts. Look forward to meeting everyone and exchanging stories.

Karen and Keith

Yeh good for us looking forward to it ,maybe a silly question but how will we recognise each other ?? i take it we don't wear red roses only joking !! see you all then.

karen and keith

Guest rockpool crab

Hiya,

Livingston is a wee bitty too far for us. Sounds like loadsa folk going ..sure it'll be brill. If there's ever anything on near the West coast then we'll defo go.

have fun!

Carol Ann

Hi Karen, were the Mathieson's John 44, Moira 45 & Robbie 14. Were fairly early on in the process (Vetassess sent off early December - should have results later this month). We live in Ardrossan (West Coast about 35 miles from Glasgow). We would be interested in coming along to the meet. Look forward to hearing from you all.

That's great hope to see you there , be good to meet up with everyone with the same common goal in mind, hope your plans are coming along nicely.You will find lots of great advice on this site. i'm finding out lots good to hear from families who have already moved and their experiences also.

Cheers Karen

Guest stiffsimon

Sounds good. We'll be coming along for this one. Does anybody know of a decent B&B for the night cause we're coming down from right at the top so will need to stay overnight.Look forward to meeting you all. I'll be the chubby, bald middle aged one.

Simon & Janette

Guest super ally

Hi Simon,

there is a travel inn right next to the brewers fayre, they have rooms available, the normal price is £49 for a double but their is the 6 nations event on and they are taking the overspill from Edinburgh, so the lovely people who own the premises and seized an opportunity and increased the prices to £62 for the night!

Here is the number just in case you want to give them a call:- 01506 439202

There are others from the Livingston area on PIA, they may know of other places, unfortunately with me not being from there I don't know I'm afraid.

Guest stiffsimon

Cheers for that Super Ally

Grabbing bar stewards. Hopefully, as you say, some local people might suggest an alternative but if not I'll have a look on Google Earth.

Simon