friends required-poss permanant !

Guest martin495

Guest martin495

Hi all we are Martin and Dawn 43 and 38

Darcy and Francesca 14 and 11.

Been here in southern suburbs for 9 months now and got over all the problems of jobs, house etc etc, but it seems that weve overlooked the fact that you cant just replace good friends that youve made over your lifetime just like that.

The kids make friends easily and they are too old for us to stand in the playground with now, so we would like to meet other couples/families to share a glass of wine or go for a coffee or pint with occasionally. i know this isnt easy, because its taken us this long. So if youre like us and could use some really good friends please reply.

Apart from needing friends, I like to think that we are otherwise a normal disfuctional family lol.

Guest guest7008

Hi, you sound just like our kinda family :) :) we are just waiting to get visa grant then be over, there is a great facebook group at mo - one for ladies (pommie princesses) and one for the men (pommie men folk) and one for teen's (Pomme teenz) if you have alook you will see people/families already over there and people like us waiting...its great, socialable and chatty etc. The Rimmer's

Guest trish194

Been here in southern suburbs for 9 months now and got over all the problems of jobs, house etc etc, but it seems that weve overlooked the fact that you cant just replace good friends that youve made over your lifetime just like that.

The kids make friends easily and they are too old for us to stand in the playground with now, so we would like to meet other couples/families to share a glass of wine or go for a coffee or pint with occasionally. i know this isnt easy, because its taken us this long. So if youre like us and could use some really good friends please reply.

Apart from needing friends, I like to think that we are otherwise a normal disfuctional family lol.

Hi Martin, when I first came to Adelaide, someone said to me 'Australians are so hard to make friends with, but once you do you have a friend for life'. I found that to be so true. Although it works the other way too, if they get their knickers in a twist, they're off like a shot no matter who's fault it may be lol! unlike us pommes who have a whinge and its done with.

It seems to be getting more difficult to meet new people - and not just with the ozzies - it appears life itself has changed and everyone gets on with their own life doing their own thing. Not much community spirit anymore (here anyway). I lived down south for a few years before moving 'up north' two weeks ago......so i'm starting again too.

Hence, i've joined this super site :jiggy:

You're fortunate down south, there's loadsa Pommes, join one of the social groups down there or better still, move up north!! lol.

Good luck and enjoy!

Guest ebstar

Hi, we would be keen to meet with like minded families too. We fly out to start our new life in a weeks time. I am expecting a very manic first couple of weeks but i'm sure we could arrange to meet very soon. We are Deb 33, Chris 35, Zoe 14, Alana 10 and Jake 9.

Guest martin495
Hi, we would be keen to meet with like minded families too. We fly out to start our new life in a weeks time. I am expecting a very manic first couple of weeks but i'm sure we could arrange to meet very soon. We are Deb 33, Chris 35, Zoe 14, Alana 10 and Jake 9.

Sure, sounds good keep in touch

Martin

Guest martin495
Hi

We arrive on Sept 6th and would be looking to make new friends also.

We are heading south to Port Noarlunga hopefully.

Trev 39 Vicki 39 Lauren 10.

Were not to far from there, please feel free to keep intouch.

Thanks

Martin

Guest Beverley1305

So know where you're coming from! We've got six months under our belts but I spend ridiculous amounts of time on Skype!

We're north of the city in the Golden Grove area but nothing's far from anywhere here

PM me if you want to catch up - we're a family of three with a 7 year old who is going on 15!

Guest martin495

Thanks to everybody who replied!

We really appreciate it! and look forward to meeteeting you all when all our schedules permit.

Thanks again and best wishes

Martin and Dawn