Adelaide nightlife?

Guest FortWilliamLoyal

Guest FortWilliamLoyal

Hi, I'm new to the forum so apologies for any repeated questions.

I am already in Australia on a working holiday visa, working in Melbourne as a software developer. I'm possibly applying for a Regional Sponsored 487 with South Australia as my SS with the big plus being a bridging visa until it's granted so as expected, I would have to live there for 2 years before gaining PR.

I'm 25 and from Scotland, currently over here by myself so if I move to Adelaide (never been before), what's to be expected of the nightlife? I've heard it's pretty quiet and I'm a bit wary about it... Although I suppose I could love it, who knows.

So what's the social aspect like for a young, single guy like myself?:biggrin: I would no doubt be based in the CBD, or very close to it.

Thanks for any input!

Guest FortWilliamLoyal

You're right on that point, no nightlife where I am originally from!

I'm glad to hear there are plenty to keep me entertained. I keep reading mixed reviews of Adelaide all over the place so I'm not sure what to think.

Hey - I came over on a similar visa process nearly 4 years ago - working holiday in Adelaide (never intended to stay...) then state sponsored in SA through my employer here. Nightlife is fine... it's not London... but there is plenty going on. Week nights in the winter are a bit quiet but it's not a ghost town... it's a city with 3 universities so there's plenty on - live music scene is really good IMO (check out Wheatsheaf Hotel, Grace Emily, The Gov if you're into good live music). Rip It Up is Adelaide's weekly free street press with reviews/gigs/clubs/exhbitions etc listed - they have a website and iPhone app. PM me if you want any specific recommendations - always happy to talk bars/pubs/eating out/live music etc!