Euro lottery?

charlie

not sure about the euro draw specifically, but I know the normal sat lotto you have to be in the UK when you purchase the ticket.

Hi, i played the lotto online from Perth last year, it detects your not in the UK, and tells you to check that you are not breaking any local laws by playing just accept and continue. I think you have to make your deposits from a UK bank account though.

I don't know about playing it from other European sites, but on the National Lottery site it states about all its lottery games:

Can I play while overseas?

No, to play National Lottery games online, you must be a resident of the UK or Isle of Man at all times. You must also be physically located in the UK or Isle of Man when buying a ticket or when setting up or amending a Direct Debit Account, including changing your numbers and payment details.

If you do not meet these requirements, any ticket purchases you make will be declared invalid and no prizes paid, and we will have the right to reclaim any prizes already paid under these circumstances.

On that basis, I'd say no.

Jim

You will find it you play from overseas and use a roundabout way to play and then try to claim you will actually have an invalid claim and the money would not be paid.

You need to be resident in the UK, actually living there and in the UK when you buy a ticket. Not playing from overseas using your UK bank account to buy tickets online. Nor resident elsewhere and having your Mum or someone put a quid on for you from inside the UK. Of course, your Mum would claim as she bought the ticket, but you would not be eligible to receive the money directly or anything like that. You'd have to rely on the decency of the person to actually hand over a share and be prepared to pay taxes/duty etc on it.

You can bet your backside if they are paying out a large amount they do verify the claim is legitimate and you are a UK resident.

Same for the Euromillions. Its for residents of the countries that play it. Not those who have moved to Australia, US or any other country where it is not played.

Play the Aussie lottery instead perhaps? :)