Any car collectors here?

Guest zamunda

Guest zamunda

Hi Everyone

Any car collectors here?

We have (in original state) a 1956 VW Beetle, 1972 mini cooper and 1967 Mustang. These all have been restored over the years and now in perfect running condition.

Would love to bring them with us to Adelaide, but the cost and the beaurocratic requirements seems quite a pain. Also heard that the cars will have to go through a quarantine process which could (1) take months; and (2) result in the cars being stripped.

Any one here took through their vehicles to Adeliade? What was the costs and expereicne like?

Hi, we arent there yet but my borfriend has been looking into taking one of his over, he saw something today if a car was built pre 1989 there a lot less strict? He's not 100% where he saw it now but said he was just google'ing for ages!!

I hope this helps

:smile:

Guest zamunda
Hi, we arent there yet but my borfriend has been looking into taking one of his over, he saw something today if a car was built pre 1989 there a lot less strict? He's not 100% where he saw it now but said he was just google'ing for ages!!

I hope this helps

:smile:

Thanks very much. Will keep searching for info. If I do come accross any useful info I will post here for you and others to see.

Cheers

Guest zamunda
I've shipped my 1972 race Mini but it is not here yet - I'll let you know how it gets on!

WOW I just love the Mini.

Many moons ago I did quite a bit of Rallying and more recently off-road racing.

During my Rallying time one of the cars I raced was a Race Spec Mini. We could not afford factory built cars, so built them ourselves. It was a load of fun.

Please do let me know how the importation process comes along. I think it is a lot more strict when the vehicle comes from Africa. Never the less your information will be valued.

Thanks so much.

Cheers