Next Ladies Day Out

It's no good, now that I've had virtually a whole day child free I can't stop thinking about what to do next! I've been racking my (small and rather pitiful) brain and the thing that keeps coming back to me is... a ladies spa day???? Has anyone had any other thoughts? Probably a bit more expensive than the wine tour but if we made a block booking we might get a fairly good discount. Any thoughts anyone? And no, I'm not ready to organise it!!! Lib?:notworthy:

It's no good, now that I've had virtually a whole day child free I can't stop thinking about what to do next!

:idea:Find a job? :biglaugh:

** Pete runs and hides and looks for his tin helmet** :wideeyed:

Pete

That's a great idea Liz. A colleague of mine was organising a hen weekend and had a day at Unley day spa and the ladies got 2 treatments for $75 (?)...there must be other similar packages available in other places as well.

Don't bother with a tin helmet Pete, I'd be worried about a different sort of helmet if I were you....

Oooo...er.... ummm.. ok Liz :unsure:

:idea: Mental note to self - keep on good side of Liz. :idea:

Pete

Guest Guzzler&Sas

sounds like an awesome idea to me ... spa day and not helmets (perhaps another thread should be started!!!!! hahaha!)

I am have an emotional and physical day today and just treated myself to a cheap, home version - face pack, various scrubs, in a steaming hot bath .... bliss.

Was waiting for the mug of tea to materialise from Guzzler but it just never happened - typical!

Will have an ask around and see what I can find out about places .... I have been to Jurilique in Glenelg but that is more body treatments, rather than treatments which everyone can kick back and relax and have a natter to .... manicures, pedicures and sauna, swim type thing would be fab! But will go with the flow ....

Excited already !!!! Not missing out this time around.

Thanks

Sas

xxx

Guest Libby1971

Oooohhh cosmic bubbles are floating to me!

I had the EXACT same idea yesterday and suggested it to a select few acquaintances - it wasn't as well received as I had thought although clearly now I am on here, there is an altogehter different clientele.

I am happy to organise it - the feeling yesterday was another winery tour, perhaps to the Barossa but I feel that the distance may may the increased costs too expensive. Give me time to organise some quotes - I am still busy drinking my newly acquired wine!

Seriously though, if you have serious suggestions, leave them here. They may not get used this time but it gives ideas for the next.

Right now, options are spa or booze. Hang on though, Adelaide Fringe is coming up - why don't we go somewhere there?

Libby

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hey Libby

Happy to go with the flow .... fringe, spa, whatever ....

Being that everyone has raved over the fab meal you had on your wine trip, what about a day out in the city simply having a lovely boozy lunch in a great restaurant (hear there is a great Australian one near the River) and then having a mooch around the city - shopping, museums, art gallery, Botanical Gardens, river cruise ... list is endless ....

Cheers

Sas

xxx

All sounds great especially after my hour long interview with Hudsons, who basically said I was over qualified for a call centre role & that I needed to learn how to answer their competancy questions more 'specifically' what a load of c*** :realmad:.

Looking forward to hearing back from Libby :).

Angela

All sounds great especially after my hour long interview with Hudsons, who basically said I was over qualified for a call centre role & that I needed to learn how to answer their competancy questions more 'specifically' what a load of c*** :realmad:.

Looking forward to hearing back from Libby :).

Angela

Their loss - sounds like the person that interviewed you didn't know their ar*** from their elbow!!

I got a job today - not exactly what I anticipated!

A group leader in a childrens centre!!! The hours fit in with the kids schooling and holidays- and it seems pretty laid back. After 17 years working in failing schools as a teacher - with ofsted after you all the time - it will be nice just to focus on working with children and not form filling! Having said that the money is pooh!! Have realised I'll never get a permanent job in a school - but everything is meant to be.

I'm sure you'll find a job soon mate

Keep the faith

Nick

xx

Guest Libby1971

Well done Nick! What a relief to be earning again, just in time for the next day out.

For all those interested please see thread entitled Chick Trip 2

Angela, you know what I think about the pompous cow with her specific non specific scenarios.

Libby