Christmas Day

hardycot

We tend to hit Silver Sands beach for the day. You would be more than welcome to join us. We generally meet up with a few other families so there would be plenty of people to share experiences with.

Pete

Most of the Expats meet at the beaches on Christmas or Boxing Day. Whether it be Silver Sands, Moana, Port Noarlunga or Glenelg, there will always be plenty of families down there. Let people know the sort of tent you have up or something so that people will know who to go to. I suggested a british flag one year but it started an anti-flag debate so I won't go there again, funny though no one knew where to go that particular meet up and it was a flop!

Also the pubs and community clubs are open on Christmas Day from 9am to 11am for Christmas drinks so if you need to get out of the house, thats a good place to start!

I suggested a british flag one year but it started an anti-flag debate so I won't go there again

Go on dare you. LOL That was well funny. But yes you do need a point of reference. For anyone coming down to Silver Sands for Christmas Day you will find us if you go down the ramp turn right and we will be up near the posts with the blue domed shelter with thegreen and gold boxing kangaroo flag.

Pete

this sounds great would be lovely to meet on christmas day dont want to be stuck in our house on our own, hope we welcome too :-))

Yep it is fast becoming one of our traditions... it is a shame we can't park the cars down ramp to the right but I guess we could park and then put the gazebo's and tents up on the other side?

R u still going to that bit even though u cant take ur car there any more Pete?

U can only turn left of the ramp if u want ur car on the beach.

Since when??? Did along with others a couple of weeks ago.

Jeeez Thats it had enough. Back to the UK methinks. This place has gone to the dogs.