Chick Trip 2

Guest Libby1971

Guest Libby1971

Well ladies

Sorry for being a tad slow but I have been making phone calls today.

Two suggestions so far:

Version 1: Shopping, Sailing and Scoffing

Harbourtown shopping for a couple of hours complete with discount vouchers, courtesy of the shops there.

Leave there and go to West Lakes where the West Lakes Princess will take us on a 2 hour river cruise. We'll have a 2 course lunch on board.

Then head for Haighs Choc factory.

The company concerned has offered to bring a trailer as well in case we need it.

Version 2: Barossa Valley

Visiting a selection of wineries.

Possibility of booking a room for a structured wine tasting (so we can learn about which cheeses can go with which wine and why and get to taste it all for ourselves, cheese and all) with our own private member of staff

OR have a guided wine tasting over lunch/ platter

Poss lunch at Chateau Tanunda

Dried fruit factory (not quite chocolate, but as close as I can get)

Poss visit to the whispering wall

Dates to be confirmed but suggestions so far are March 15th or March 29th.

Below leave your name if you are interested as well as preferred dates and preferred option.

Cost to be confirmed but I am guessing at approx $75.

Hope this satisfies

Libby:jiggy:

Hi Libby,

Put me down too. V1 sounds good but I'm not too bothered I'll go with the flow, anywhere for a day out where a liitle drinky is concerened!!!

Thanks, Lorna.x. :jiggy:

Guest Libby1971

Nick that is exactly what I thought. We can bank the other one and book it for a couple of months later so we have one on March and the other in May meaning that I have got 2 trips planned.

Bl**dy hell, am I amazing or what? PLus a TV celebrity, what more could you ask for?:biglaugh:

We'll see what happens over the next 24 hours and make decisions late Sunday.

Libby

Guest happy-jools

Oh Libby, Libby. Im so jealous. First I see you on TV, so your a celebrity, then you organising these fab get togethers and Im stuck In England.

It will be winter when I come in June, please invite me round for a drink or two, cause I dont want to miss out all the fun. It sounds like you all having a great time. Do you get time to work??? Anyone???:notworthy:

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi there

Now then, how exciting Libby ....

Happy to go with either and "bank" the other option as you say .... but loving the sound of a river cruise, how decadent!

Dates for me - Sat 29 March please.

Thank you for being so organised!

Regs

Sas

Hi Libby,

Put me down too. V1 sounds good but I'm not too bothered I'll go with the flow, anywhere for a day out where a liitle drinky is concerened!!!

Thanks, Lorna.x. :jiggy:

You been drinking Lorna???

Missed the last one Libby (hadn't been on here for ages :huh:) but would be interested for the 15th not the 29th as my mum will have just arrived (not her thing unfortunately) :cute:

Lea

Guest Libby1971

Right, initial response is version 1 for now. This fits in with what I was told by the nice tour man who said March in Barossa might be a bit hot. If it's alright with you lot, I may book the Barossa tour for May. What do you think? Do I get Brownie points for booking two?

If there is no change by tomorrow, I will ask him to book. Slightly concerned about responses, little at moment so hope we can fill this. MIght do a more obvious posting next week but if fairness, this is the only site I have posted this on.

Come on ladies, sign up!!!!

Libby