any brits live here thats staying

Guest oldyorky

We've been here about 7.5 years now, and pretty settled, but not retired yet...! Occasionally have girls' get togethers in a pub over this side of town - not sure if you're male or female but if female obviously very welcome to come along to the next one - or alternatively pick a pub, pick a night and time, and post it up in the social section which is a good way of meeting a few new people. How long have you been in Parafield Gardens? Been over that sort of direction quite a lot recently as my son is in a band and that's where they practice. Have you been to the Fox n Firkin pub in Tea Tree Gully yet? "Typical" British pub (or as near as you're gonna get over here I reckon) run by a Brit (who's quite a character too) - probably a little bit of a drive from where you are, but if you're over that way ever, worth a try (they serve Guinness there too - although I'm still trying to educate Steve to keep some ribena in stock for mine!)

Guest Barney Rubble

Been here 20+ years, lived in Northern Suburbs all the time. Fox N' Firkin in good, usually go to TTG Hotel for meals especially in the summer.

Slug N' Lettuce ok, sort of traditional but a bit too modern compared to F N' F.

Parafield Gardens has an excelllent community club, been there a number of times too.

No, not retired, a few years to go though, likes Ian Mc's suggestion of the British Working Mens Club, this may be a winner for you, i didn't know it was there, will have to do a drive by one night on the way home :wink:

Guest oldyorky

Thanks,yes found the brit working mens club in morgan st have been a couple of times hoping to get a game of snooker, but all seem set in thier ways of playing parteners, funny we had a brit club in perth that was on morgan street as well, will give the Fox'n'firking a go when we work out how to get there. we go to the Commu club on sheperton rd as well, good price on drinks. we have just got back from visiting the kids back in Perth bit knaked will be in monday night i guess.

Guest oldyorky

Sorry not female though my wife is, will give the Fox"n'Firkin a go when we find out best way to get there,still getting our bearings with a map help. just got back from seeing the Kids back in Perth, so guess have to make it next week, and settle for the Comu club on Sheperton rd tuesday eve, thanks for the info. ps checked out the brit working club only 3 people there, not brits but had a chat.