Anyone else a car fiend?

Guest steveygee

Guest steveygee

I have to say, as much as I don't currently have a car, I'm already missing the car social aspect! I used to do a lot of work with Volkswagens, Audi's etc etc when I was in the UK, and I'd like to get back on the car scene.... So I'm thinking about getting myself a Nissan Skyline! So my question is... is anyone else on here a car nut who can give me some advice about meets and other stuff? Also, if anyone knows of a Skyline R32 GTS-T Manual(or R33 if it's cheap enough!) for about the $7.5k mark, please let me know :)

Guest steveygee
I'd love to drive one. If you find out about any car shows/meets/gatherings then let me know.

At least insurance should be cheap for a skyline here compared to the uk.

Indeed! They are pretty common here compared to the UK... but I've never owned one.... So time for some fun :)

Dovw next year at ttp should be good for vw. Although it won't be anything like the uk shows edition players etc. it's more like a local get together. Used to be into my cars when in the uk, still am over here I suppose on the hunt for a jetta at the moment.

I'd say no way to the skyline though

Guest steveygee
Turbo fun. I used to own a punto gt on the uk years ago, which was 136bhp standard and weighed less than a ton. Remapped, higher boost and intercooler saw it running 166bhp, 180bhp per ton approx.

You'll have to fit a dump valve. Vvvvv-tttssscchhh.

Apparently illegal! How stupid is that?

Guest steveygee
Dovw next year at ttp should be good for vw. Although it won't be anything like the uk shows edition players etc. it's more like a local get together. Used to be into my cars when in the uk, still am over here I suppose on the hunt for a jetta at the moment.

I'd say no way to the skyline though

Hey don't get me wrong I'd still love a dub.... they are just way too much money here.