Park Meetups...

Sallyh

Anyone fancy a park meetup? We had a few last year in the Glandore area...

I know a good park for a meet up where the children can play safely and you still get good adult conversation! Anyone know Marshmallow Park on Glen Osmond Road nr the junction with Hutt road. It's city location so fairly good for most to get to, and the parking isn't too much of a problem if you get there at 10am when the parking restrictions change. So does anyone want to make a date?

Could do a meet at 10am thing, bring a plate of morning tea / lunch to share. I think it would work on a weekday best, because I imagine that its harder to park on weekends.

Wot say?

Guest ladyarkles

I'm not free til next week, unfortunately.

Got a medical looming on either Friday or early next week.

:frown:

See what others say and I will jog in where I can.

~ Rachel xx

Guest nic-manchester

We will try an get there got my two girls, can train from hallett cove, like you Sarah diary empty at moment except Australia day party! Keep posted on time/date cheers

Nicola

Guest gymnast11
i would defo be up for it!! can make most days apart from weds, thanks for thinking of organising something!! xx
hi we are in henley beach would have to get bus/train but would be lovely to together with you all x michelle x

Well lets not say Friday, how about we avoid this weekend so that more can make it, and do it early next week sometime? If you are using public transport is the location I have suggested ok?

It's here: http://www.playgroundfinder.com/playground.php?playgroundid=95

Forgot to say, its also lovely and shady. Can give the children enough freedom but being fully fenced makes it easier to chat.

Hi Sally

Have you settled on a day? I am going to try really hard to make this as I normally like to have staked out a destination before I drive somewhere but am going to take the plunge and head on over. Park looks great from the link you attached. Just need to confirm date and time.

Unless your sig is out of date your boys are same ages as mine!

Sarah

Guest Barney Rubble
I like to stake out too Sarah, can do driving somewhere new with screaming chattering kids lol! I'm going to attemp to get the train we will see!

Driving would be better, will take about an hour to walk from the train station :eek: then a bus

Could do the train then hop on the tram for a few stops, sorry but i have no idea on the costs though.

Come on driving isn't that bad here compared to back home surely :huh:

Guest Barney Rubble

:sad: sorry 'bout that but would hate to try and walk it and get a steaming hot day.

Now i feel bad, how about calling the bus people, there may be a bus route that'll take you into the city via Greenhill Road :idea:

:sad: sorry 'bout that but would hate to try and walk it and get a steaming hot day.

Now i feel bad, how about calling the bus people, there may be a bus route that'll take you into the city via Greenhill Road :idea:

Nicola

I'd offer to pick you up in car but its only a teeny hatchback....

Sarah

Guest nic-manchester
Nicola

I'd offer to pick you up in car but its only a teeny hatchback....

Sarah

It's ok Sarah thanks

If I get a job soon then we will get another car, at moment it's something we can stand without x

Nicola

Hi Sally,

we would love to come along to the picnic. Will bring some sarnies and snacky things for sharing. Do you know if there is a carpark there. Will just be me and the kids because oh will be working. See you Monday.

Guest TheYales
Havent set a day yet was waiting to see who's free... does Monday sound ok? 10am, bring something to eat? Wanna bring and share or just bring lunch and feed hungry kids as and when they want food?

Hi Sally,

We'd love to come and join you, will be me and bub - hes 4 months, will bring munchies!

Looking forward to seeing you on Monday

Anne

:D great. Too tired now, but its a date, lets confirm details but for avoidance of doubt - 10am Monday. Marshmallow Park. Alongside the park is a parking lane that is restricted until 10am, so get there at around 10 for a good park. How about we say bring something to share for morning tea, and then something for your own lunch if you want to stay for / past lunch. Last time we did an arrangement like that with a group of friends I'd made sandwiches and my children hardly ate anything, but I'll do the same again!!