Anyone play golf - even badly

Guest steph

Hi , since we arrived my hubby Jason has waited for weeks for his clubs to arrive and now they have he needs some people to play with , if you have a sorry for himself golfer in the family , i would be grateful to get this one out playing , he is about a 28 handicap ( whatever that is ) , we are Golden grove area but he will travel to play

thanks

Steph:idea:

Hi Steph,

We have our very own forum golfing society.:) Unfortunately 3/4 of us are still in the UK. Stoo, however is our man over there and I'm sure he will be more than pleased to play a few 18 holes with you. Graham will be out there soon hopefully.

If you search the forum for 'flaming gallahs' you will see having fun is what its all about and not ability which is fabby in my case. :embarrassed: I can only hit it long and true if I have old ladies to aim at. :biglaugh:

Pete

Hello there,

I am down in Adelaide, and would also appreciate a some golf partners, I was a 24 handicap in UK, but find I am unable to play to that here, with my new clubs.

please pm me, and perhaps something can be arranged. Warning!! I am one of the older fraternity and here on a parent visa.

Guest Rob and Clare

I've got a nice set of clubs i bought out here and used them 3 times, i'd be up for a game... Never been good enough for a handicap, as the handicap system doesn't go into triple figures..... ha ha

Hope you are reading this Graham. Get them membership cards ready for when you get out there. ;) Looks like we could double our membership. Looking forward to having a round with everyone of you when we get out there. Looking forward to getting tips on getting past that damn hole with the windmill. Can never time it to miss the sails. :biglaugh:

Seriously though, we had a good laugh when we played together in England and I'm looking forward to playing more regularly when I eventually get to Oz. Looking at you guys I'm at the same standard as Rob and HH as the gallah thing was the only round I've played in around 6 years.

Dan, good to see your still keen to join us.

Hayshake, looking forward to getting tips off of the experienced one.

Just gotta get there first :dull:

Pete

Guest louiesmum

Hi

We are not there yet, unfortunately!!! But my OH plays golf & will also be searching for golf buddies I see that you've already had replies from some on PIA that already play golf The flamming Gallahs.Hope he gets that game of golf very soon!!

Guest Leanne & Mark

Any ladies learning, ?? i gotta a lovely set of clubs for my 30th (hmmm not quite a diamond) aswell as a camping trip to meet all you lovely fellas (hhmmmm not quite a trip to NYC) any way i can just about get the ball down to the pin without losing it...it helps when the balls bright pink of course, and Mark has played a bit but not got a handicapp yet so we need ....should we say...novice partners so we don't so completely useless .....WHEN we get there, that is!!

Guest Libby1971

Hi

My OH plays golf with a couple of others on a Thursday evening. Who goes depends upon who is available...he hasn't got a Flamin Gallah card but I do know one of the founding members goes out with the OH if he's able. We might need to make this a more formal Flamin Gallah meet up but for now, if anyone does want to join in, they play at Marion Golf Course, its about 9 holes for now but with views across the sea. Just north of Hallett Cove, its lovely. A couple of hours out, after work, great.

Libby

Looking forward to getting tips on getting past that damn hole with the windmill. Can never time it to miss the sails. :biglaugh:

Pete

are you talking minigolf :err: - then i am in ;)

Guest steve&tracy
are you talking minigolf :err: - then i am in ;)

Hi all I'M up for a game only ever played a few times, but when we get there i'm more than happy to give it a go.Might need a few lessons from you pro's ( gallahs ). Otherwise will be there all night after work not just a couple of hours!!

Steve.

Steve,

The more the merrier. As for not having played much, it doesn't stop me. :biglaugh: My first tee shot was fabby. It went straight and true right smack down the middle of the fairway.;) The ball stayed laughing at me on the tee, but the divot was well impressive. :biglaugh: The point of 'The Gallahs' is to have a laugh as well as the golf no matter what your standard, oh and to try and put Ian off. ;)

Pete

Any ladies learning, ?? i gotta a lovely set of clubs for my 30th (hmmm not quite a diamond) aswell as a camping trip to meet all you lovely fellas (hhmmmm not quite a trip to NYC) any way i can just about get the ball down to the pin without losing it...it helps when the balls bright pink of course, and Mark has played a bit but not got a handicapp yet so we need ....should we say...novice partners so we don't so completely useless .....WHEN we get there, that is!!

Hi Leanne,

It just so happens that I got myself a set of clubs last week, never played in my life, but willing to give it a go. I went to the driving range with my OH and kids to find out if I was able to even hit the ball, let alone get it any distance........I actually surprised myself and did not too badly. My OH has played a few times, but not enough to justify knowing what he is doing, my 9year old son was a star....... I'm hoping he will be the next Tiger Woods!!!

We arrive in Adelaide on 2nd March, so definately look us up on PIA and we will see how we are fixed for a game x (can't promise you a good game though, as long as you are very patient I'm sure we can get something organised!!!):biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest theshearers

Steve is up for joining the Gallahs gang too even though he has only played golf about three times in his life!! He'll need a new hobby having just left the Marines after 22 yrs so golf could be it!!!!!!!!!!!! Am sure all you "Pro's" can show him the ropes!!

And should there be a ladies section of the Gallahs forming I think I may be up for that, even though I have never played in my life!!! If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!!!!

Hands up for teaching me and the husb to play golf then!!!!!!!!!

Vicki

Guest steve&tracy

with all us novices playing a round, it might be the longest round of golf ever.I'll bring along a camcorder for the (greatest shots ever) and it might well be the funniest golfing video ever caught on camera.

Steve is up for joining the Gallahs gang too even though he has only played golf about three times in his life!! He'll need a new hobby having just left the Marines after 22 yrs so golf could be it!!!!!!!!!!!! Am sure all you "Pro's" can show him the ropes!!

And should there be a ladies section of the Gallahs forming I think I may be up for that, even though I have never played in my life!!! If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!!!!

Hands up for teaching me and the husb to play golf then!!!!!!!!!

Vicki

if we find any one good enough we will send them along;)

Guest Leanne & Mark
Hi Leanne,

It just so happens that I got myself a set of clubs last week, never played in my life, but willing to give it a go. I went to the driving range with my OH and kids to find out if I was able to even hit the ball, let alone get it any distance........I actually surprised myself and did not too badly. My OH has played a few times, but not enough to justify knowing what he is doing, my 9year old son was a star....... I'm hoping he will be the next Tiger Woods!!!

We arrive in Adelaide on 2nd March, so definately look us up on PIA and we will see how we are fixed for a game x (can't promise you a good game though, as long as you are very patient I'm sure we can get something organised!!!):biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Oh yes definately, sounds we've found a perfect match, Mark has been playing for about 3yrs although this only constitutues around a dozen rounds!! I've been round the 9 hole once.. i don't think i was too bad!!

Blake is 9 and learning too, Ethan is 5 and his getting pretty good! Livvy is 2 and has just the 1 club for now!!

I think its a definate case of 'if you can't beat em..join em'

Although your have to wait about a yr for us and clubs to arrive:confused:.(Better late than never)

Guest johnnyngem

hi ya Gallahs gang how you all doing am a fellow golfer well if i can call myself one seem to hit the ball but its like a bummerang always ends up one side or the other and not where its meant too:embarrassed:!!! I am a fan of the 19th Hole anyone else agree this is the longest hole to get out off :D you need more than a golf club.

When we get out there i'd love to join you all for a few games maybe even do it every week lol gets me out the missis's way...... bless her little cotton socks

Johnny