female company desperately needed

lucy52

I'm Lucy, 31 and have been in Adelaide for 2 weeks now from Nottingham. Living at West Lakes, working in the city which im loving but missing female company over a glass of wine/coffee etc. Missing my friends back home and as i don't have kids am not sure how im going to make new friends and despite this feeling a bit like a 'dating site desperate plea' thought it may actually be a good way to meet new people.

Im pretty normal - love a good gossip over a few glasses of white wine although i think my wild nights on the town days are probably over.

message me if you fancy a coffee/wine

x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest poshessex

Hello lucy very nice to meet you, my name is Alicia and 36 been here now for 3 years and i have found it very hard to make friends (not sure why very personable) I work in Henley Beach and currently staying with the folks in henley beach but in the midst of finding rental accomodation on my own, would love to meet up for a wine if you are available,... In desperate need of some girly mates too (they dont make friends here like the uk) let me know and good luck with your search x

Guest Rochesdownunder

Hi Sharon here ,moved to henley beach a week ago and loving it here i was in campbelltown before that and I couldnt settle over there .I have 3 schoolgoing kids and free every day and evenings afler kids go to bed Starting to walk every evening to shed the few pounds I have put on comfort eating Pm me if you wNT TO MEET UP sHARON xx

Guest SophieDaly

Hi girls, I am 31 and have 2 children and we are looking to immigrate. Looking for pros and cons for living in Adelaide. How have you found it there? I'm from England and other half Irish. Sophie xxx

Guest matt n mel

Hi lucy, funny to see your message, because one of the only worries I have about moving over is that I'll be leaving all my girlfriends behind, and what if I don't meet any girls and end up having to hang out with my fella all the time! I'm 35, no kids and currently in yorkshire. We're hoping to get to adelaide later this year. (Going through ss at the mo) Might try your tactic when I do to make some friends and get some girl talk in! Good for you, for putting the thread on. Hope you get lots of responses. Mel x

Guest Maria Day

Hi Lucy,

I'm Maria. I'm 35 years old, married with 2 lovely kids both in primary school. Only been here just over 2 weeks and would like to meet new friends with same interest. I miss my girlfriends back in the UK. I am pretty normal lols! If you fancy meeting up for a cuppa and have a girly that would be fab. Maria.xx

Guest gymnast11
Hi Lucy,

I'm Maria. I'm 35 years old, married with 2 lovely kids both in primary school. Only been here just over 2 weeks and would like to meet new friends with same interest. I miss my girlfriends back in the UK. I am pretty normal lols! If you fancy meeting up for a cuppa and have a girly that would be fab. Maria.xx

hi we are living in henley beach so not far from you let us know and maybe a couple of us could get together, tc and good luck x michelle x

Guest Maria Day

Hello ladies...it seems like we all are in the same boat..anyone fancy going out fo a cuppa next Wednesday? Only new her so don't know where is the best place to meet up. Suggestions anyone?xx

Guest Rochesdownunder
hi sharon im at henley beach so if your up for a cuppa when kids are in school let us know tc michelle x

We are in Henley beach too And love it Kids going to Henley beach Primary school Small world

Guest the hurns

hi lucy sorry to hear you stuck for female company my names julie i have 2 kids we are moving over in 2013 jan!! got our visa through this morning lots of emotions going on in my head!!! we will b setteling in adelaide we have family and friends out ther already dont know how i would handle it if we didint!! i hope you get good come back from your thread x

jools x

Guest Maria Day

Hello ladies, I am staying in Morphett Vale the mo on a temporary accommodation but will be moving to Christies beach at d end of the month. Does anyone fancy meeting up in Brighton beach or Henley beach? Let me know.:)

Guest Rochesdownunder

Hello ladies i am going to Henley beach for an hour today if any one fancys it, we will be there at 4ish bringing my kids for a while So if you are free I will have denim shorts and a white top on

Sharon

Hey Lucy,

well done you for being first of all brave enough to come out here on your own, and second, brave to put that thread on PIA.

I arrived exactly 4 weeks ago, and am also alone. Hubs joining me in another month. I wouldn't say I miss my friends back home yet, but I have noticed its quite difficult to break into pre-established groups of friends, especially if you haven't got kids.

I'm 33, a nurse (so work crap shifts), no children and my interests are animals, music, sports(watching not playing!) sunbathing and cooking. If you fancy arranging a meeting for a vino or 2 then pm me, it would be lovely to talk to someone who has also just arrived and finding their feet, and probably feels as socially isolated as i do!

Hope you're settling well and living the dream! :chatterbox:

Guest AngPhil

Hi all, we are making the move in the summer and I will definitely be up for meeting up. We don't know a single person in SA, so just the thought of having someone to have a cuppa and a natter with would be amazing. I'm 36 a teacher and have 2 boys who will both be in school.

Hey Lucy!!!!

I came over alone from Nottingham nearly 2 years ago. I used to live in Carlton and work at Radford Road... It's sooo much nicer here. I don't live too far away from Westlakes if you fancy getting a wine on Sunday let me know.... You'll soon make a load of friends, it's really quite easy starting again...

Emma

Guest TheYales

Hi Lucy,

My names Anne, am 35, been here 9 months, moved here with hubbie and now have a 5 month old, if you fancy meeting up for a coffee/vino sometime, pm me.. always great to meet new people!

A

Guest the hurns

hi everyone we have just had our visa through so we will be down under jan 13 before the term starts up again we have 2 boys jake 7 jamie 5 cant wait to get out there and start making new friends!! although we have quite a good network allready out there!! it will b nice to meet new ones!! julie x

Hi Lucy, i'm Leigh-Anne and i've lived in west lakes since we arrived here from glasgow in 2010. I am 34 have 2 kids (including a 13 week old which is keeping me busy) so i guess i've met quite a lot of people through playgroup etc. There is a few of us that try to escape the hubbies and kids for one night a month so i will let you know what the plan is for march if you fancy? Usually just the lakes or Palais up at Semaphore so not too far to travel. happy to meet up for a coffee or wine at some point just need to arrange with my other half unless you are about during the day at any point.

leigh-anne x

Guest Partridge

Hi, I'm Helen, 39, two girls aged 5 & 8. We moved here in November to the West Lakes area. Like some of you, I'm in desperate need of a girls night out! But also for us to meet other families. I work full-time so it's evenings and weekends I'm afraid. PM me if there's anything organised already or if you fancy a glass of wine & a chat!