Twins!

Guest theballs

Guest theballs

We arrived in beautiful Oz in August, and by september we were pregnant! Lucky us. To add to our excitment (fear and dread) we are having twins, due in June. Was wondering if anyone knows of any twin groups or other twin mums for a bit of moral support. I'm sure there are some in the city, but we are down at Sellicks Beach at the moment so something on Fleurieu Penninsular would be better. We already have a 3 year old girl who needs some lessons in changing nappies and sterilising bottles!

Really high incidence of twins in South Australia (must be something in the water) - my sister in law has 5 yr old twins born here, and used to bleong to the twins and multiple birth association over her way in Belair - I'll see if I can get some contact numebrs from her for you tomorrow. In the meantime, try here http://www.communitywebs.org/samba/

Guest The Dimmocks

Congratulations. We have 4 year old twin boys. I am not a member of any groups aimed at twins but go to a few playgroups.

We live in Woodcroft so not to far from you. I remember the world of new born twins well. We went full term and was sent home the day after having them so was well in the deep end. Happy to meet up at some point.

I am also the mother of twin girls who will be 12, OMG did I say 12, next month

Congratuations !!!!!!

All I can say is that I wish I had been here when they were born. I would have loved to have spent my Maternity Leave here and may not have even gone back to work lol

I was a member of the Mutiple Births Association in the UK. They were a great help in the early days and its always good to meet up with people who are in the same position as you. By that I mean who recognise what its like to try and juggle (not literally of course) 2 babies at once.

Good luck to you both. What a special gift

Karen xx

Guest Rochesdownunder

Have twin boys of 6 and we have meet a load of twins since we have been here 3 sets at swimming I havent heard of any groups here and didn't have one back home..\

The best of luck

Sharon