Child needs soccer

Guest Mark&Yvonne

Guest Mark&Yvonne

Hi all

We are coming over to validate our visas on 4th March. Our 8 year old son dropped a bombshell the over day saying he really didnt want to move to Australia cause he'll miss his friends & football team too much. I told him i will take him training with a team when we come over and he seemed to perk up a bit. So what im really after is a soccer team that would welcome an 8 year old to come and train with them Whilst we are over (very good player who has just been offered a contract with a professional club who i cant name)

Cheers & any help will be much appreciated

Mark

Depends on where you are staying - there are great teams all over Adelaide: because of the high numbers of Poms, Italians, Greeks and Croatians here, it is a very popular sport. The junior season starts in about February/March so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding a friendly team.

Guest Mark&Yvonne

That sounds good. I was worried that all teams have trials and then select their squads and wont let anyone else come training with them after the squads have been selected, But im sure a one off wont be a problem

Hi Mark, Hallett Cove Soccer Club have a great youth set-up and my youngest son is one of the coaches. Drop me a PM when you get here and I will put you in touch with them.

Hi

We are in Port Noarlunga at the moment but looking at moving to Hallet cove.I have a 10yr old son who is keen to join a team,he really misses playing at the moment.I would really appreciate if you could pass on the contact details.Thanks Deb x

Hi

We are in Port Noarlunga at the moment but looking at moving to Hallet cove.I have a 10yr old son who is keen to join a team,he really misses playing at the moment.I would really appreciate if you could pass on the contact details.Thanks Deb x

Hey guys, the contact details for ALL the age groups are here: http://www.thecovefc.com/#!juniors

Contract for an 8year old? I assume you have your terminology wrong or you can't name the club as they are breaking all the rules.....

Anyhow, if he is really that talented, you would want him to be at a Federation Club, as they have pathways etc...it will be SSF at that age, if you wnat more info let me know.

Cheers

Contract for an 8year old? I assume you have your terminology wrong or you can't name the club as they are breaking all the rules.....

Anyhow, if he is really that talented, you would want him to be at a Federation Club, as they have pathways etc...it will be SSF at that age, if you wnat more info let me know.

Cheers

The Cove IS a Federation Club. They play in the State League.

Guest Mark&Yvonne
Contract for an 8year old? I assume you have your terminology wrong or you can't name the club as they are breaking all the rules.....Anyhow, if he is really that talented, you would want him to be at a Federation Club, as they have pathways etc...it will be SSF at that age, if you wnat more info let me know.Cheers
Yes over here all the clubs have scouting network & start working with kids as young as 5/6. Once they get to under 9 season they select an elite squad who sign and become contracted to that club, they play in a leauge for that club and train twice a week with them. Its very supprising but there are some outstanding players even at that age. Thanks for all youre replys & i will be in touch when we arrive.Cheers Mark