Any bikers here?

Guest zamunda

Guest zamunda

My wife and I love road bikes. Especially cruisers.

We are not in SA yet. Hoping to be there towards the end of the year. Thereafter, not quite sure when we would be able to afford a bike (load of other things to get done before hand :( ). But would be nice to know a few bikers though.

Any bikers here?

What are the bike clubs in SA?

Guest zamunda

Hi Misplaced

Looking forward to catching up with you one day soon.

I had a Kawasaki Kx250 which I raced (off road) for a while. Stopped racing a few years ago. Body was not healing from injuries as quickly as it used to :smile:

Also had a Yamaha V-max. But not very keen on riding road bikes here in Africa. Drivers have no respect for bikers.

Hoping to get back into road riding once in SA.

Cheers

Guest zamunda
I'm a biker, but an off-road biker. It's dangerous on the road lol, I prefer riding over rocks and through rivers and stuff.

Hi Leigh

Me too love off roads. riding in the bush.

What are the rules like in Oz. Any restrictions on riding in forests?

Hi I have just sold my bike, loved riding bikes in UK down side weather. Adelaide has some good roads in the hills but what I found is it's to hot in summer to ride with leathers, but spring and autumn have good temps. Took the bike 3 times to the Moto GP at Philip Island had a good time there did the great ocean road (over rated) thing is the roads here can go for miles and miles without a bend and places far apart if you like touring like I do. Get used to the weather then get a bike there are a few well organised bike clubs here so you will have no problem. I might get a bike again one day was looking at a bike shop the other week just cant keep away from them still got leathers etc lol

Mark

Mark

Guest zamunda

[quote name=Markr

w]Hi I have just sold my bike, loved riding bikes in UK down side weather. Adelaide has some good roads in the hills but what I found is it's to hot in summer to ride with leathers, but spring and autumn have good temps. Took the bike 3 times to the Moto GP at Philip Island had a good time there did the great ocean road (over rated) thing is the roads here can go for miles and miles without a bend and places far apart if you like touring like I do. Get used to the weather then get a bike there are a few well organised bike clubs here so you will have no problem. I might get a bike again one day was looking at a bike shop the other week just cant keep away from them still got leathers etc lol

Mark

Mark

Here in Southern Africa summer temperatures go to 40+ so pretty used to the heat. Though don't wear leathers during this time.

I do love touring but been too scared to do any form of road riding here as it is too dangeorus. It is either animals on the road or people just not caring about bikers. Use of indicators is very rare :) Just before I sold my road bike some years back a car in front of me indicated left and then made a right turn. When I hooted, he gave me the finger :mad:

Hope to get back on a bike once we get to SA. Hoping all goes well.

PS - Coming from africa I will have to do my drivers/bike licence all over again in Oz. This means having to ride around on a Lerners at first. Upto what cc bikes are learners allowed?

Cheers

Guest maadmellie

while on learners permit, ur allowed to ride up to 250cc only., and u must wear a helmet at all times that ur on the bike, whether its on a road or offroad. There are certain areas you are not allowed to ride in, these are usually signposted, and are reservations for wildlife or sancturies etc, so it makes sense.