Coffee..vino..??

Guest guest9403

Guest guest9403

Hi everyone...been here almost 4 mths now and currently living in golden grove,we are from Ireland and here wit hubby and 2 kids,DD is 4 and DS is 23.We have met some other irish families who we meet up wit at de weekends,im lookin to meet some girlfriends to keep me sane during the week...lol..everyone i know lives west lakes,henley direction and its too far to get there and back during the day for a coffee and chat,my DD is in kindi 4 mornings so not a lot of time to myself,if there is anyone who is new too and wud like to meet for a coffee,a chat,in de playground etc please let me now...Ruth :unsure:

Hi Ruth

I feel your pain. We arrived November. I am not working either and have a 3.5 year old at home with me but unfortunately I am in Hallett Cove!!!!!!! Have been doing a lot of 'shopping' the last week or so since kids gone back to school. That can't continue as a) we dont actually need anything, and b) we dont have any money!!!!

I am so used to friends popping round after school drop off etc. Or coming round for a catch up and a bite of lunch. Missing them heaps....

Guest guest9403

Hiya...i know im not the only one in this position,but it doesnt make it any easier..lol..we hadnt a clue were to pick to live wen we arrived and only had a week to do so cos our container arrived at the same time!! We kinda fell into golden grove...but now im meeting ppl and getting used to places everyone seems to be down beach side,we wud have loved glenelg area but couldn afford anything decent to rent there,anyone ive met is living at henley,glenelg,westlakes or christies...im up here all on my lonesome...lmao,damn pity ur so far away,maybe we could all meet up in de city one friday for a girlie nite out!! I was de same as u b4 xmas out in de shops all de time but ive had to stop that cos we dont have de money either to be spending on things i like rather than need...lol..plez keep in touch or if ur on FB add me its Ruth Byron (o brien)

Hiya...i know im not the only one in this position,but it doesnt make it any easier..lol..we hadnt a clue were to pick to live wen we arrived and only had a week to do so cos our container arrived at the same time!! We kinda fell into golden grove...but now im meeting ppl and getting used to places everyone seems to be down beach side,we wud have loved glenelg area but couldn afford anything decent to rent there,anyone ive met is living at henley,glenelg,westlakes or christies...im up here all on my lonesome...lmao,damn pity ur so far away,maybe we could all meet up in de city one friday for a girlie nite out!! I was de same as u b4 xmas out in de shops all de time but ive had to stop that cos we dont have de money either to be spending on things i like rather than need...lol..plez keep in touch or if ur on FB add me its Ruth Byron (o brien)

Hi Ruth

It probably feels like that but I am sure there are other new arrivals in your neck of the woods. Did you get out to the park meet up the other week arranged by sally h? Perhaps we should organise another one somewhere central so no one has to travel too far. I am mobile; how about you?

Once your little girl has been at Kindy a little while longer you'll start talking to other people there I am sure. Its a godsend having the little ones I reckon as at least I am up and out in the morning and not sitting facebooking in my pyjamas (which would be so easy to do at the moment). I have heard about a few playgroups so will go along to those in the next few weeks and hopefully get some buddies for my little man.

Night out sounds fab.

Sarah x

Hi Ruth

New to golden grove area myself. Just arrived here 6 weeks ago, myself and my husband. im Not working at the moment, dont know anyone around here as yet, hopefully that'll change soon. Coffee surley anytime.

Hi I am not new been here 7 years now but pop back on here every now and then and always up for meeting new people. I am often available on Tuesdays and could meet you at Mawson Lakes which would be about half way. Not very sure of the whereabouts of playgrounds there but we could meet for a coffee and take it from there if you fancied. PM me if you want to meet and I will ring back and see what we can arrange.

Maggie

Guest guest9403

yeah wud lluv to meet for a coffee...my dd goes to kindi mon-thurs from 8.45-11.30...so either during or after??? Do u hav kids?? im gonna send u my mobile in a private mess so text me wen it suits ya!!

Hi Ruth,

sorry havent been on here in a bit. My name is Judtih. I am expecting a baby in May. I can meet in the morning for a coffee surley, my husband doesnt go to work until 2 oclock. Sharing a car at present, so I can meet you mawson lakes. Ill send you a text message now.

Judith

Hi Ruth,

I am a bit older than you, but a bit closer than some of the others!

It's hard when you first arrive, and honestly, even now i feeel a bit like "where is everyone"?

always ready to lend a shoulder, have a drinky or 3 ..........even just to shop with, at weekends, cos i work full time.

The OH has his golf buddies, so i can be around some weekends too.

Keep your chin up!!

Jane

Hey Ruth

I am in Greenwith so very close (5 mins to the Village) I'm originally from wolverhampton I've been here 3 an a 1/2 years now but still not met that many people - I've got a little girl who is ten months so old so I would be more than happy to meet in the day for a coffee or a walk. We could maybe meet at the Village in the food court bit there ..... I do go back to work in March part time so my little one is in child care one day a week (to get her and me used to her being there 3 days in March - gulp) be lovely to hear back from you - and to hear how your getting on.

All the best

Wendy

Guest guest9403

Hi Wendy is'nt it soooooo hard to meet normal people...lol...I met up wit Judith today for a coffee and had a grand chat :biggrin:sorry im only seein ur post now or you could have joined us...my DD is in kindi mon-thurs..till 11.30 so maybe next wed wen i pick her up i could meet you in de new playground up behind mc donalds??