Meet ups around Seaford, Port Noarlunga area

yorksboy

Guest leeannekays

No your not, no age limits for us. We have a rental in Moana for the first 4 weeks then looking at the surrounding areas, especially Port Noarlunga. Which school does your son go to?

Leeanne

No your not, no age limits for us. We have a rental in Moana for the first 4 weeks then looking at the surrounding areas, especially Port Noarlunga. Which school does your son go to?

Leeanne

Hi Leeanne, I was only joking about being too old. Yeah, I read that you are staying at the Acacia property in Moana. We stayed there too, it is very nice and is ideally situated for everything in the southern suburbs. Our eldest goes to Port Noarlunga Primary, and the youngest goes to Frieda Corpe kindy (which is next door to the school). They are both well settled and very very happy. Do you have any schools in mind ?

Cheers

Paul

Guest leeannekays

Hi Paul, we are looking around Port Noarlunga primary for our son when we arrive and if we are happy then he can start there. We have looked at that kindy for our daughter also, i have e-mailed them but no response so we will contact them when we arrive. Thats really good to hear your 2 children have settled. How long did you wait until they went to school and Kindy?

Leeanne

Hi Paul, we are looking around Port Noarlunga primary for our son when we arrive and if we are happy then he can start there. We have looked at that kindy for our daughter also, i have e-mailed them but no response so we will contact them when we arrive. Thats really good to hear your 2 children have settled. How long did you wait until they went to school and Kindy?

Leeanne

We find both places to be brilliant, but they are different to UK schools. The school is very popular with poms, very friendly and welcoming, and the Head is awesome. It is having a lot of building work done this year, so be prepared for some disruption and cramped classes for 2012. The kindy is very highly regarded over here and is currently full. I would make a point of phoning them and booking a place for your youngest (you could always cancel it if you change your plans). Ask to speak to Kerry, the Director. She is very helpful, but is not great at replying to emails.

The boys started school/kindy in our third week here. We spent the time prior to that checking out schools and having a bit of a holiday. In our experience, our boys were just the right age to come over, and I see yours are the same age. The move is a massive thing, but they are at the right age to simply take it in their stride.

If you have ANY more questions, please ask away. Either in PM or in forum. Although we are 'much older' lol, our situations are similar.

Regards

Paul

Edited by Cherrypecker

We move over 1week today and looking at living round that area so would be great to meet up.

Leeanne

Getting close now, Leeanne! How you feeling?

Lyn x

Guest leeannekays

Hi Lyn, we are feeling 'ready'. My hubby finished work last Thurs so we have this week to get things tied up. We have 4 large suitcases and 3 of them are full already. We are going to empty them tomorrow and start again, I need to be more ruthless in what we take. Also our house has sold again so everything is coming together slowey.

All very surreal. Are we really doing this after all the work and waiting we have dedicated to it?!?! Can't wait, not looking forward to saying bye to my mum though.

Leeanne xxxxx

Hi Lyn, we are feeling 'ready'. My hubby finished work last Thurs so we have this week to get things tied up. We have 4 large suitcases and 3 of them are full already. We are going to empty them tomorrow and start again, I need to be more ruthless in what we take. Also our house has sold again so everything is coming together slowey.

All very surreal. Are we really doing this after all the work and waiting we have dedicated to it?!?! Can't wait, not looking forward to saying bye to my mum though.

Leeanne xxxxx

Sounds good, Leeanne. It's great that you've got a week off to sort your final packing and unpacking and packing again! I worked right up to the day before I left....it was an absolute whirlwind!

The final week of goodbyes are tough but hang on in there. You're almost here now and the sun is shining!!

Maybe see you once you're here and your feet have finally touched the ground!

Have a good journey.

Love Lyn x

Guest bidsandrew

Hi guys, we too live in Moana and always keen to meet new people (Hi Paul and Sarah!!) Leeanne, which Acacia property are you staying at? Is it the one in Goodrington Way?

My eldest goes to Port Noarlunga and as Paul said it is a good school with a brilliant head but dont expect the schools to be like the UK, cause they are not!!

Anyway I hope you have a safe journey Leeanne and maybe we can arrange a meet up for everyone on this post!

Bridget

Guest leeannekays

Hi Paul, week going ok, feel weird and looking forward. Had some goodbyes and got few more over next few days. I think I'm alright one minute then suddenly I get lots of tears. Can't wait to get on the plane though.

Hi Bridget, it is Goodrington Way we are staying at. Looking forward to seeing the school, a meet up with everyone sounds good.

3 days to go.

Leeanne xx

Hi Paul, week going ok, feel weird and looking forward. Had some goodbyes and got few more over next few days. I think I'm alright one minute then suddenly I get lots of tears. Can't wait to get on the plane though.

Hi Bridget, it is Goodrington Way we are staying at. Looking forward to seeing the school, a meet up with everyone sounds good.

3 days to go.

Leeanne xx

Wow, 3 days! Good luck with the move, I hope it goes well and you love it!

Have a great flight Leeanne, airport pick up all arranged x

Ill call you when you get here to meet up and we'll arrage a get together with some other "Acacia Rentals" families and obviously all are welcome to come..... Any age welcome!!!!

Speak soon

Kim :wubclub:

x

Edited by Damms

Guest leeannekays

Thank you Kim.

Had another really emotional day today. Also my daughter had her last day at preschool and they did a Australian day for her and her friends. They had a party and made her things. Felt proud of her as she is so looking forward to going. My sons last day at school tomorrow, he's looking forward to going to. All these things we have planned and arranged for sooo long, now it's all happening and I'm feeling it

Leeanne xxxx