It's out in the open now - finally told the parents

Guest USA soon just SA

Guest USA soon just SA

Wow, what a weekend. On friday we told our parents, and then told the kids. Everything went surprisingly well. The kids are very excited, and the parents are supportive, but sad. We will now be able to put pictures up with our profile, as previously we were too scared. Although, from speaking with a few people about this, they had absolutely no idea this was in the works, so apparently we kept it a pretty good secret. It has been something that we hid for so long, and now that we are able to speak about it openly in front of people, we feel so free. It was quite a weight on our shoulders, and the supportive responses from our parents really helped us know that they trust that they have raised each of us with the values that they can feel confident that we know what is best (even if they will miss the kids). My heart goes out to everyone who does not have this support, as I can now imagine how truly heartbreaking it would be to add that factor to an already hard set of decisions. I can't make it any better, but I can say that we look forward to becoming part of the PIA group and general Adelaide culture that welcomes everyone, and how much we are looking forward to meeting all of you, and building a larger family amongst all of us who have made this big decision.

I have to get approval from Vicky as far as which pics to post, so they should be up in the next day or so. Also, any worries about posting pics of the kids, or should we just stick to pics of the 2 of us? because here in the US they say never to post pics of your kids for fear of who might see them, and have bad intentions.

Guest ladyarkles

Well, congrats on finally being able to breathe a sigh of relief now that everyone knows what your plans are.

I'm glad that you found positive responses to your announcement. That is such great encouragement, and helps to make the sad bits a little easier to bear.

I don't see any reason why you shouldn't post pictures of your family. I have been using the internet for over 15 yrs and have always posted the latest snaps I have of me and mine. As yet, none of my relatives have been abducted by aliens or had a visit from evil clowns bearing chainsaws.

:shocked:

Obviously, I wouldn't post pictures accompanied by your name, address, credit card details, dates when your house will be unoccupied and the code for your safety deposit box - but a couple of family shots would be fine.

Adelaide is waiting for you, so hurry up and get here...........

Rachel xx

Glad to hear that your family are being supportive about the move. That makes it so much easier.

It won't be long now.....

Good luck with the next part of 'the journey'.

Lyn x