its a bit nippy today

Guest neeks

It is a bit of a forerunner for winter, but I like having a change of seasons. Roasts, soups, etc all taste better after a blowy walk. I love the sound of rain on the tin roofs and that it can be torrential leaving large puddles and be stopped in five minutes. Heating is not going on in our house just yet.

Guest Guest5035
was contemplating about putting the heating on lol,

but i refuse just yet as not not as cold as the uk

in a few weeks it'll be down to 5oc at night and a cool 12oc during the day, but the house will feel colder believe me.

stevo

Yep, its definitely colder in the houses....outside is good compared to Uk s winter - but its the houses. Its a bit of a shocker the first couple of years - but now, 5 years in, you just know you gotta ride it out and rug up whilst being inside.

I agree with other posters - I like the seasons and you can really enjoy roast dinners, stews and mulled wine in the evenings.

Embrace!

To anyone coming over pack as much warm clothes and bedding as you can.It really does get uncomfortably cold indoors in the Winter,and lots of Rentals have no Heating.Oil filled electric radiators are a quick fix,but expensive to run,if you got two or three on the go regularly.The days are usually good,with the sun out often,it's the nights when the temperature plummets.