English Comedians

Guest Coleybear

Guest Coleybear

Hi

Does anyone know of any English comedians coming to Adelaide soon?

My husband is a bit homesick and misses the British humour so thought it might help! My aussie humour is just not cutting it at the moment!

Cheers

Tim Vine is a good friend of ours (Not Going Out, and winner of funniest joke at the Edinburgh Fringe for the last 2 years) If you like puns and really awful corny jokes we've got several of his DVDs. He's done the Melbourne Comedy Festival but haven't persuaded him to come to Adelaide yet!tim.jpg

Guest Coleybear

Will look him up. I am trying to find some live comedy rather than DVDs but will check him out! Thanks

Tim Vine is a good friend of ours (Not Going Out, and winner of funniest joke at the Edinburgh Fringe for the last 2 years) If you like puns and really awful corny jokes we've got several of his DVDs. He's done the Melbourne Comedy Festival but haven't persuaded him to come to Adelaide yet![ATTACH=CONFIG]4612[/ATTACH]

Our friend Georgie (a member on here who is now so busy doing comedy shows she doesn't post much) does regular slots at the Rhino Rooms as part of Adelaide Comedy - she's amazing. Her next hosting gig there is on 25th May. There are regular nights there with a whole range of different comics, lots of them seem to be British, and some of them are really good. Georgie is recently back from the Melbourne Comedy Festival where she was in the RAW Comedy finals. I would definitely recommend going along there one evening - specially if Georgie is on! - as it's always a good night.

Not English but Flight of the Conchords are playing Adelaide soon. Although I think tickets may be sold out already.

Worth checking the venue websites or the comedians websites and seeing if they are on tour over in Aus anytime soon. I know a few of the bigger UK names are touring there this year.

Our friend Georgie (a member on here who is now so busy doing comedy shows she doesn't post much) does regular slots at the Rhino Rooms as part of Adelaide Comedy - she's amazing. Her next hosting gig there is on 25th May. There are regular nights there with a whole range of different comics, lots of them seem to be British, and some of them are really good. Georgie is recently back from the Melbourne Comedy Festival where she was in the RAW Comedy finals. I would definitely recommend going along there one evening - specially if Georgie is on! - as it's always a good night.

Seconded, seen Georgie a few times at the Rhino Room, Marion Hotel and the Arkaba. The latter being when she won through to the Raw comedy finals. If i'm not mistaken won best Adelaide newcomer last year.