its only taken 7 months but .....

Guest neeks

Guest neeks

i have finally stopped thinking how expensive stuff is in aussie dollars to the uk pound lol

i wouldnt buy yogurts as i thought jeez,they cost a bomb lol

Guest ReadyPenny

That's funny! You're right though, I've been here for 3 years and still find yoghurts very expensive!! My OH won't buy suet to make puddings because it's around $5 and he won't pay if for a waste product!!!!

Guest ladyarkles

I got round the million-dollar yoghurt expenditure by getting one of those Easi-yo yoghurt makers.

It's brilliant.

Now I make whatever flavour takes my fancy.

I invested in a couple of little sealable pots and hubby takes them in for his lunch, it's fresh and cheap.

The yoghurt maker cost me $18 (from Coles) and the mixes are under $4 a go (this makes a litre of yoghurt, which stays fresh for 2 weeks).

I then pick up whatever fruit is on special offer, chop it up and add that to the yoghurt as and when I need it.

If you have kids it may also mean that they can have fun making up their own fave flavours; it's pro-biotic (live cultures) and, especially with fresh fruit, pretty healthy.

~ Rachel

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi
I pay around $6.50 for 12 kids yoghurts

:chatterbox: Where?!? Lol

They're normally about $5 for 6 wherever I've seen them

Edited by Mrs Bon Jovi

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi
I got round the million-dollar yoghurt expenditure by getting one of those Easi-yo yoghurt makers.

It's brilliant.

Now I make whatever flavour takes my fancy.

I invested in a couple of little sealable pots and hubby takes them in for his lunch, it's fresh and cheap.

The yoghurt maker cost me $18 (from Coles) and the mixes are under $4 a go (this makes a litre of yoghurt, which stays fresh for 2 weeks).

I then pick up whatever fruit is on special offer, chop it up and add that to the yoghurt as and when I need it.

If you have kids it may also mean that they can have fun making up their own fave flavours; it's pro-biotic (live cultures) and, especially with fresh fruit, pretty healthy.

~ Rachel

Guess what I bought today? I've never noticed them before but they just jumped off the shelf at me today lol. I reckon the kids are going to love making their own yoghurts :smile:

Guest ReadyPenny
Oh, don't get me started on the cost of paint!:realmad:

Jim

Me neither!!! Just paid $35 per litre to paint the girls bedrooms - not happy!!!!

Guest ReadyPenny
Guess what I bought today? I've never noticed them before but they just jumped off the shelf at me today lol. I reckon the kids are going to love making their own yoghurts :smile:

Where do you buy the mixes from? I've never seen them in the supermarket, although I have never looked to be honest. I have seen someone at work with a little plastic pot with EasiYo on though and wondered what it was all about! Errrr I think i'm off to Google it!!!!

Guest ladyarkles

Mrs BonJovi, you'll have lots of fun with it! It's a nice thing to do with the little 'uns.

Where do you buy the mixes from? I've never seen them in the supermarket, although I have never looked to be honest. I have seen someone at work with a little plastic pot with EasiYo on though and wondered what it was all about! Errrr I think i'm off to Google it!!!!

In my local Coles, the mixes are with the custard, jelly and all that kind of malarkey.

Not sure where they are at Woolies.

I really love my yoghurt thingy, I use it a lot and can't recommend it highly enough.

(I should have demanded that Easiyo paid me some commission LOL)

~ Rachel xx

Guest ReadyPenny

Thanks Rachel I will investigate when I go shopping this weekend. I bet you all the tea in China my local Woolies/Coles don't sell the yoghurt makers!!!

We get the Farmers Union Greek Yoghurt Light in the 1kg tub which is about $6.00 and then add whatever we like to it and have that in a smaller pot for a snack. It tastes lovely with a bit of honey drizzled into it and a sprinkling of cinammon

Guest Guest75
I always wonder why Paint is so expensive here?Can't think of any justification for it TBH!:goofy:

It get's me as well on the paint prices.

Only thing I can think of is extra protection from the sun added - but interior paints are just as expensive............. Doh! I'll rethink that one.

Fortunately have a trade account.

Guest Guest75

Just on the food price issue..................... If you live south - call into the Foodland, Collins Parade ,Hackham.

A few things there are much cheaper than elsewhere. Specials each week.

Not everything is cheaper but worth calling in if passing.

Veg fresher and cheaper too!

Recently................

Middle bacon (decent as well) ,$4.99 /kilo

Doz large eggs , 69c!

Always specials on some tinned line, think I saw tinned tomatoes at 29c this week.

ALWAYS look in the chiller cabinet at the far corner of the store.

Noticed very cheap yogurts there the other week.

HTH

:wink:

Edited by Guest75
I am fick and forgot summat.