soo excited its finally happening!!

Guest paula & andrew

Guest paula & andrew

Hi everyone, we are a family of 4 finally moving to adelaide 21st august, paula, andrew, alex 12, & lillie 8. We are excited , apprehensive, and so looking forward to finally arriving!! like a lot of people in the uk weve had our visas in place for 4 yrs and its took us that long to finally sell our lovely home! We are from manchester and any advice anyone can give us would be great :arghh::eek::rolleyes::wink:

welcome guys!

i just done a course in manchester. I'm flying out in july, all the shipping left today as it happens so i know the feeling, didn't feel real until this week. also had a 4yr roller coaster visa process. don't really know what to do next tho, there is sooo much still to do. just trying to meet a few contacts to help get started with work and stuff.

where you thinking of living? any ideas?

Danny

Guest AngPhil

Hi Paula and Andrew,

We are moving from Bingley on 29th July with Toby 12 and Rory 8. We are letting our house out, well done on selling (it's so hard to do at the moment). I can't really offer any advice as we are still in the UK, but it's a great feeling once the flights are booked isn't it.

Ang & Paul

Guest paula & andrew

Hi ange & phil, YES !! It's a great feeling! We booked our flights and was just going to rent our house out like you, we decided to leave it for sale till the end of may and all of a sudden a viewing! We are not being naive thou, we've had 2 previous sales that have fallen through at the last minute. Are the children looking forward to the big move?? Same ages as my 2 we should keep in touch and maybe meet up for a barbie!!?? Sounds weird saying that... , have you pinpointed any areas for living?? We have decided around one tree hill, we really liked it there. Paula

Guest AngPhil
Hi ange & phil, YES !! It's a great feeling! We booked our flights and was just going to rent our house out like you, we decided to leave it for sale till the end of may and all of a sudden a viewing! We are not being naive thou, we've had 2 previous sales that have fallen through at the last minute. Are the children looking forward to the big move?? Same ages as my 2 we should keep in touch and maybe meet up for a barbie!!?? Sounds weird saying that... , have you pinpointed any areas for living?? We have decided around one tree hill, we really liked it there. Paula
Hi Paula,

Both boys are excited but nervous. We haven't decided on any area yet, would be great to keep in touch and meet up for a barbie. X

hi Danny, we r thinking of one tree hill. Have u visited? Do you have any ideas where your going to settle? Paula

No I'm just going to start off prob near glenelg and decide once I've picked up a bit of work and had a look around. I've been to Brisbane and Perth but never adelaide. To be honest it wasn't my first choice to go there but I accepted a state sponsor from s.a so gonna try it for a year or 2.

Why one tree hill for you guys then, do you already have work lined up? What is your professions?

Cheers

Danny :-)

Good luck- I can't wait to book flights.

We are planning to book for 29/3 all being well.

Our house has been on the market for less than a week and we have had three viewings...fingers crossed and all that. Going to live with parents in between.

No work lined up yet but we want to settle in Tea tree gully or redwood park area. Maybe even as far out as Gawler eventually..keeping an open mind depending on work.

Guest paula & andrew

Hi danny, glenelg is lovely but pricey! Adelaide is quite small and compact compared to the other states... and quiet! We love the great outddors and anything to go with it... motorbikes, horses, and open space, and one tree hill has that space in abundance!! its lovely. its also not far from the city for shopping and nightlife.

What do you do for a living if sa has sponsored you?? paula

Guest paula & andrew

hi all,good luck will keep our fingers crossed for you... some of my family live in gawler its lovely up there, hewett is just past gawler and is supposed to have a large expat community spirit, might be worth a look paula