Northwest Meet??

Guest CountryCym

Guest CountryCym

Just wondering if there are any groups already established who meet anywhere in the Northwest area? We're right at the initial stages whereas we've just contacted an agent and are now wondering how we'll ever pull the cash together for fees, removals, transporting pets.....!!! Just thought it would be nice if there are any other groups/families, at whatever stage of the process, who meet up anywhere?

Nick & Mags

Just wondering if there are any groups already established who meet anywhere in the Northwest area? We're right at the initial stages whereas we've just contacted an agent and are now wondering how we'll ever pull the cash together for fees, removals, transporting pets.....!!! Just thought it would be nice if there are any other groups/families, at whatever stage of the process, who meet up anywhere?

Nick & Mags

hi Nic and mags! we too are in the early stages, just begun the visa application and instructed the pet shippers.....recommend golden arrow in shropshire, competitive price and very personable. I know what you mean about finding the money - we are maxing the credit cards and paying these off when we sell the house. we plan to go to adelaide in dec/jan even though we think we have sold the house by may/june. cant wait. there has been a group that meet up in the north west, but we were supposed to go to the last meeti in warrington, but we had house viewing so couldnt make it. were abouts are you?

Guest CountryCym

It sounds like you're way ahead of us. We've just received all paperwork re: quotation etc but ours will take 15-18 months from now as my partner has to be vetassessed which will take a little longer. Plus I'm training and don't finish until Sept 09 so looking to hopefully get across early 2010. Based in Conwy. What about you?

Guest Richard & Amanda

Hiya,

We have had 2 NorthWest meets so far - I organised the first one and the 2nd one kind of happened!

We normally meet up at Mascrat Manor J21 M6 at Warrington.

I would have loved to organise another one, problem is we are off!:jiggy:

The problem now is I think some of the couples who have joined us are disappearing as visa's come and houses sell!

We are due to depart on 27th March and unfortunately I don't have the time now to organise anything. I have gone from having loads of time to suddenly getting a buyer on Saturday and have 24 days to pack up a 3 bedroom house. We had already booked the flights and thought hubby was going to have to go on ahead of us. Clearly fate intervened with our cash buyer!!!

Anyway I'm sure some of the other Northwest people will arrange something soon. We last met up end of January so are due one shortly!

Good luck with it all and sorry we can't catch you on this side - hopefully we can have another Northwest meet on the other side:biglaugh:

Take Care

Amanda

Guest ali@51

Wow Amanda that is so cool!:notworthy: I bet you dont know what has hit you:err:. See you in Adelaide. If any one else wants another meet up we are up for it. Or at least I am. Preferably the weekends I am residing( surviving) at my mum and dads IE 26/27 april, 3/4 May or 10/11 of may. Any respite will be gratfully reieved. ;)

Guest ffi&dyl

Hi.

We went along to the last North West meet, was good to talk to people in thesame boat as us . We would be up for another meet if it's happening.

CountryCym we are based just outside Caernarfon so not far from you.

Ffion, Dylan, Elain and Caleb.

Guest BAZnDAF

We are also in the first stages and i am just getting all my documents together for the agent.

we would come to a meet, would have to be a weekend though.

we're in sunny Manchester

Guest Andrew&Ren

Hello we are in sunny Manchester too...well its sunny today if not a little cold!:cool:

We would love to meet up with othere people that are in the same boat.

Please keep us posted if a meeting is arranged...also prefer weekends!

Andrew & Ren x

Guest massive

count us in, sorry there's something wrong with the capital lock on the computer an ste's out errrr and thats me stumped.

anyway last one went well and i think there was some talk of a new venue though , however we're up for it

debbie ste and kids