Anyone from.....

natasha2106

Hi all,

We have just booked our flights for Adelaide in April 2013, really excited now but so much more to do.

Just wondering if there is anyone from worcs, Birmingham areas. Are there any meet ups happening as we thought it would be nice to meet any families in the same boat as us.

We are a family of four hubby (Les), me (Natasha), both in our 30's and two children Charlotte (11) and Lauren (8).

W

it would be nice for our girls to talk to other children, as they are both excited about the move but it's just nice to speak to others.

If anyone is interested in meeting up just pm me or reply to this thread and can see how many people are interested in meet up.

Thanks

natasha

Guest weegie

Hi Natasha, I am a Worcester girl living in Glasgow, and my family of 4, me, Hubby Tony, Finn 11 and Amber 8 will be emigrating to Adelaide at the end of February. By the time you arrive, we should be in a perfect position to meet up and help you settle, because we will hopefully, in our first 6 weeks, have found somewhere to rent long term, be in employment and ready to settle the children into new schools after the Easter break/mid April. We will be down to Worcester in October week (13-20) and Christmas if you want to meet in the UK first!

Cheers

Linda

Guest weegie

We got sponsorship from South Adelaide because they have a shortage of people with Tony's skills. He'll be applying for Chief Information Officer jobs. I would like to think he gets one before he goes, but he can't start applying till after Christmas really, and he seems to think its more likely that he gets a job when he gets there. It would be ok to go over with a couple of interviews in place, I guess. I'm an artist and will hopefully be setting myself up in studio space as soon as we're all settled. I'm hoping to actually make a living as an artist over there where people actually have disposable incomes!!

What are your work situations?

Cheers

Linda

• 3 months later...
Guest Brummie Stew
Hi all,

We have just booked our flights for Adelaide in April 2013, really excited now but so much more to do.

Just wondering if there is anyone from worcs, Birmingham areas. Are there any meet ups happening as we thought it would be nice to meet any families in the same boat as us.

We are a family of four hubby (Les), me (Natasha), both in our 30's and two children Charlotte (11) and Lauren (8).

W

it would be nice for our girls to talk to other children, as they are both excited about the move but it's just nice to speak to others.

If anyone is interested in meeting up just pm me or reply to this thread and can see how many people are interested in meet up.

Thanks

natasha

Look we are have a casual drink as a larger group at the Jetty Hotel Glenelg this Saturday 1 Dec from 7.30pm enter the Hotel via Elizabeth Street

I should mention that the larger group is the Birmingham and Midlands Group.....but fear not we welcome all and we are a freindly bunch. The group has been running for approx seven years, it is mainly a social group however at times we give a helping where needed. We all know what it is like putting down new roots and finding new friends.

If you are free and wouldn't going down you know where to find us ask for Peter or Stew.

cheers

Stew 0410498127