Cycling (road biking) in Adelaide

Guest Guest9815

Guest Guest9815

Hi

I arrived in Adelaide 4 weeks ago, am living in Christies Beach area.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good cycling routes etc... (road bike)

My bike will hopefully arrive within the next 2 weeks, so if anyone fancies meeting up for a ride let me know.

I lived near Blackpool, Lancashire, I used to cycle around places like The Trough of Bowland and Kirkby Lonsdale.

Thanks

Chris

Register on the bicycles.net forums as that's the place for anything cycling. Also check out Tailwind Cycles in Reynella. Bike shop, run by a pom (northerner though :wink: ) who organises group rides on Sunday mornings if I remember correctly. Good place for parts as well.

Edit: Also check out Bike SA as you get free insurance if you're a member.

Edited by sidestep

Hi Chris

My husband rides (road and mountain) and is keen to meet up with others to go out with. We are in Hallett Cove. PM us your number if you fancy organising something.

Kerry

Guest Crushfamily

There is a regular Saturday morning ride (8am) from the bike shop in Mclaren Vale. Also Phil & Michelle who occasionally post on here as Riponian organise rides via the Southern Suburbs Road Club in the Port Noarlunga area.

Register on the bicycles.net forums as that's the place for anything cycling. Also check out Tailwind Cycles in Reynella. Bike shop, run by a pom (northerner though :wink: ) who organises group rides on Sunday mornings if I remember correctly. Good place for parts as well.

Edit: Also check out Bike SA as you get free insurance if you're a member.

Tailwind rides are Saturdays meet at shop by 7.25 am. About 40 km rides, starting some extra longer loop rides too. 2 or 3 speeds of group. Like them on Facebook, or ask to go on their email listing to get notified of ride routes each week. Recreational, social ride, but riders need to be competent at riding in a group

Chris

Won't be long now until your bike arrives weather was glorious today... sorry could not help it.

There is plenty or options for you to ride just take your pic.

Can highly recommend http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/ and depending on your level of fitness check out the http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/group/southern-suburbs-road-cyclists which is run by myself and the other half from Port Noarlunga and also the http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/group/the-muddies which 28kmph avg from Hallet cove.

The website is great full of photos and tips and question etc. Look forward to seeing you out on the road soon.

Recommend the bike shop Tailwind too, Nathan is a top bloke and has always looked after us.

Chris,

I'm in a pretty similar situation, my bike arrives next week. I used to live in preston and ride with the rubble valley cyclists. If you want to meet up for a ride or find a good group let me know. I'm also looking for a social ride, used to do about 80 miles about an average of 13-14 mph.

Guest SA Great

This website never ceases to amaze me. It is a mine of information! I have lived here 21 years and never knew these cycling groups existed. Good work guys.

Guest Barney Rubble
This website never ceases to amaze me. It is a mine of information! I have lived here 21 years and never knew these cycling groups existed. Good work guys.

Ditto,

I have just found a group up north who ride the same route to outer harbor & back as I do. Will tag along next week 4 sure.