suzer

When would you like to meet?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. When would you like to meet?

• Weekend afternoon (2pm-ish)
    • Weekday evening (6pm-ish)

Pub meet for the childfree members among us

*WE HAVE A DATE*

This is the first gathering for those of us who are childfree to meet and great each other. Singles and couples welcome!

Venue: PJ O'Brien's Pub, 14 East Terrace

http://www.pjobriens.com.au/pj_main.htm

Date: Sunday 13th April

Time: 2pm

*See this post for more background:

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2090

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Since I can't add another poll to the post, and it looks as though the majority want a weekend afternoon gathering, can you post what weekend dates definitely DON'T work for you mid->late April. (Also let me know if 2pm is too early to start drinking;) ) Hope those of you who voted for a weeknight may be able to find the time to come on a weekend!

We are still waiting on my visa, but it should be here any day now...or I'm going to go :goofy:

Guest Mark & Karen

Hi Suzer

Hope your visa comes through very soon.

We're not available on weekend 19/20 April. 2pm onwards sounds good to us.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Karen & Mark

Thanks Karen & Mark.

Well, if we are back in time, I would say the choices for weekend will be 12/13, 19/20 & 26/27. We will of course pick a date based on when the majority are able to make it. I hope you guys can wait for me to get there lol;)

Ok guys, I got my visa today and we are flying home Thursday morning, soooo, have a look at the following dates and let me know which do not work for you;)

Saturday April 12th

Sunday April 13th

Saturday April 19th

Sunday April 20th

Saturday April 26th

Sunday April 27th

Some already do not work for some people...I'll choose one based on what works for most of us, and then if a large number are coming may try and reserve a section at the pub.

Suzer

Guest chippie74

would be nice to meet couples ect!!! everyone we have got to known have kids..we can make any weekend but the 12th.

if 12th is the day everyone decides on its not a problem they will other meets..lee & leanne

We leave early tomorrow afternoon and I may be offline for a couple of days after that, but hope to get my library card and check in;) I'm actually keen to do the weekend of the 12th (as we may have a house guest the other weekends) but open to any of them. I'll give it a few more days for everyone to see the post and respond, then pick something.

I'm happy to organise another meetup early May so if anyone misses this one we can have another fairly quickly;)

Guest swampo

Hi everyone, Still in UK at the moment but coming over for a reccie at the end of May then making final move over at the beginning of October. Is the 'childfree' meeting a regular thing? We would definately be interested in coming (not that we have anything against kids - got 4 of our own, but grown up now), it would be nice to meet others in our situation.

Have a nice time whatever date you choose and hope to meet some of you at some stage once we arrive.

Kev & Mall

Hi there, I have just registered & as I'm single again & don't have kids I thought joining the drink on Sunday 13th would be a good start. Bit nervous of coming to the pub alone & not knowing anybody, but I guess I'll find you ok...hoping your accents just might give you away!

Guest Missbabz

Hi there

Wish we could be there with you, but like many other people we are still in UK waiting for our visas to arrive. Will look forward to meeting you all when we finally get over there, looking around June/July hopefully. We also have children but all grown up and they are staying in UK for the time being.

Have fun and see you all in the future

Babz & Kevin

Well on the off chance I don't get a chance to pop online tomorrow, I'll see you all Sunday:cute: I didn't reserve a section but am sure there will be plenty of space for us. Can't wait to meet you all. I think I will be easily identifiable. Should have bought one of those cheap little Australian flags at Warehouse yesterday (the hubs talked me out of it). No both though I'm sure we'll all find each other.

Updated attendee list:

Suzer

Moosh

Rob & Claire

KerEng

Tina & Mark

Jax

Mark & Karen

Anyone else?