New Friends late 40's early 50's

Guest Auspom 246

Guest Auspom 246

Hi I moved back to Australia in April 2011 from Hertfordshire having grown up in Elizabeth I now live in Andrews Farm and I am looking for female friends around my age or with grown up children.

I have 3 children 2 in the UK and 1 in Sydney and I am looking for friends who enjoy lunches, going to the pictures, theater, shopping and talking about family.

If you enjoy getting together and are also looking for female company please let me know :-)

Thanks

Debbie

Hi Debbie, and welcome to the site. I will send you a PM.

Diane

PS Oh looks like I can't PM you yet - I think there may be something about being a member for a certain length of tme before that's possible! Was just going to say there is a group of us in the Northeastern suburbs - from Athelstone to Golden Grove generally - who occasionally get together so if that's not too far for you, keep an eye on the social section as we put up details on there when we are doing stuff. One of the girls is a brillliant stand-up comedian and is organising a fundraising show at Paradise on 16th November. Here is a link (I hope) http://www.comedyshowsformums.com.au/

Edited by Diane

Guest The Bennett

Hi Debbie sounds great, just what I needed to hear ,I have just moved over from the uk (son lives in brisbane , currently living with daughter and partner hence they dont want me strapped to their backs:) been here 3months finding it a little hard like you missing female company, a coffee, chat meet up would be good, I live in the north and getting used to public transport so to meet up wouldnt be an issue, hav ethe car at weekends but still trying to get used to the roads. let me know if this sounds ok to you?

Hi Im a good single dad 45 i work full time and look after 2 kids 8 and 10 pretty well full time too. i never get to go out. Our married friends find it a bit hard to deal with our seperation (2 years so its a bit awkward some times. so I just want to meet some nice pople for friendships catch up etc . Im getting lost around this site, but if someone can direct me or reply. I hope this email gets out there cheers.

PM or reply here

angeloi

Edited by snifter
Removed phone

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Debbie,

i too have come from England to live here.I live in Andrews Farm also.

i am married with a 12 y.o. Who has aspergers .My step daughter (22) and grandchild (4) live here as well.

Where are you in Andrews farm ?. We live in Eton drive.

Guest Brummie Stew
Hi I moved back to Australia in April 2011 from Hertfordshire having grown up in Elizabeth I now live in Andrews Farm and I am looking for female friends around my age or with grown up children.

I have 3 children 2 in the UK and 1 in Sydney and I am looking for friends who enjoy lunches, going to the pictures, theater, shopping and talking about family.

If you enjoy getting together and are also looking for female company please let me know :-)

Thanks

Debbie

Hi Debbie

Look we are have a casual drink as a larger group at the Jetty Hotel Glenelg this Saturday 1 Dec from 7.30pm enter the Hotel via Elizabeth Street

I should mention that the larger group is the Birmingham and Midlands Group.....but fear not we welcome all and we are a freindly bunch. The group has been running for approx seven years, it is mainly a social group however at times we give a helping where needed. We all know what it is like putting down new roots and finding new friends.

If you are free and wouldn't going down you know where to find us ask for Peter or Stew.

cheers

Stew