Meeting up North West UK.

Guest deardos

Guest deardos

Hi all,

From a previous post some people have PMed and said they would like to meet up before they go and make the big move to share experiences with logistics, emotions etc etc

We can meet up anywhere..... Manchester .... Preston ... Blackburn .... Bolton ..... Warrington ???

Any dates in mind .... after xmas might be better for everyone ??

Stu

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Kazzamkelly

Hi Stu could you keep us informed of any dates for a meet up we would be interested in meeting, we live in nottingham but are originally from the north west and have family up there, were looking to emigrate in August.

Karen 31, Hubby Gary 30 and Louis 2.5

Im actually in Adelaide already but good luck to you guys. Remember south of the City is the place to look to rent , most poms move to Hallett cove but the train is due to be offline for 9 months whilst upgrades take place so bear that in mins for transport.

hi there,

i am near manchester airport.

would love to meet up, but we go 18 jan.

so if there is a meet up before then, let me know.

how does the first weekend of january sound? saturday 5th January?

following weekend a nightmare for us as removals coming 14 jan!!! scary!!!

thank you

Hi Everyone!

Include us in the meet up! My hubby is working the first couple of weekends of January but I could come along with kids if that suits everyone best. The best weekends in Jan for us would be 19/20th or 26/27 but realise that would be difficult for the people soon departing to Aus! I wish you both the best of luck and hope you have a great last Xmas here!

My sister works in a Masonic Hall in Salford (not a dodgy part I promise), so if there ends up being a lot of us for the meet up I could see if perhaps the room is free? Or a family friendly pub might be good if any suggestions

Caroline

Guest Cornish Pasties

Hi all,

Pity can't meet you guys as I'm from Manchester (lived Wythenshawe then Stockport) & hubby from Wirral - we fly out from Manchester 6th Jan. Have lived down in Cornwall for past 10 years but doing the rounds of relatives & friends up North before we get on the plane. Good luck to everyone with their moves.

Zoe

Hi we live in Warrington and would love to meet up with anyone looking to make the move next year. We are looking to go around march/April time. Keep us posted with any dates you have in mind thank you.

jamie and Denise

Guest MAMAWORLD3

Hi Stu,What a great idea! Definitely up for that. My family are in Bolton but happy to travel. Weekend better for us ideally during the day so can get the kids watched or would they be welcome too?Sure you will get lots of interest.The Cohens

Guest deardos

Wow there are a few of us making the big move. I suggest Sunday the 6th of January in Bolton. Kids of course are welcome !! Does anyone know any pubs in the area which are big, child friendly, do a bit of good, and got easy access  ... There is one off the M61 on the way to the reebok does any one know the name.....(those from bolton)??? <BR><BR>How do we identify each other ?? ....the people with a terrified smile and wearing cork hats ? <BR><BR>Stu

Guest deardos

Sorry my internet went down !!

Wow there are a few of us making the big move. I suggest Sunday the 6th of January in Bolton. Kids of course are welcome !! Does anyone know any pubs in the area which are big, child friendly, a bit of good, food and got easy access ........There is one off the M61 on the way to the reebok does any one know the name.....(those from bolton)???

How do we identify each other ?? ....the people with a terrified smile and wearing cork hats ?

Stu

Guest deardos

Edenfield Poms,

I will see you in January in the Coach. I am moving 300 yards down the road on the way to Rawtenstall to my temporary accomidation before going ..... so I think it will be my local !!! I will PM you my address !

Guest lindinurse

Hi All I'm just waiting on my 457 to come through, employer expects me to start within 5 weeks of visa approval, so if I've not already left I would be interested in meeting up.

Linda

6th January would be great for us, not sure the name of the pub by the reebok stadium, but do you mean the one with the premier inn?

will be great to meet everyone, we've got a cork hat funnily enough, and certainly terrified! Lol

Any particular time window?

Jamie and Denise

Guest MAMAWORLD3

Hi, Do mean the Bee Hive Pub its close to the Reebok and just off M61 it has a Wacky Warehouse for kiddies and is beside a Premier Lodge. Its on 991 Chorley New Road in Bolton BL6 4BA. I have never been in as the parking isnt great outside but perhaps can park beside the Premier Inn. I have checked BWFC fixtures and there is no game on that Sunday 6th January.

That would be great for us, if ok for everyone else? I'm sure we will recognise everyone by their big smiles on their faces...haha!

Guest edenfieldpoms
Edenfield Poms,

I will see you in January in the Coach. I am moving 300 yards down the road on the way to Rawtenstall to my temporary accomidation before going ..... so I think it will be my local !!! I will PM you my address !

Can't wait! Look forward to your PM to sort out a date

april

Guest deardos
HI everyone.

We are from Oldham (north Manchester) and we fly out to Adelaide on 27th Jan. If okay we'd love to join in and meet other peeps embarking on this adventure.

Karen and family

Cause u are, everyone is welcome !!