Meet up for older people (continued from Steph and Martin's threadl) :D

Lazy Cow

Hey there,

As Steph has explained, they won't be arranging anything at the moment, so I thought maybe I would start a new thread. Same idea though.

This meet up is more aimed at people, particularly but not exclusively lol, in their 40+ years, who can go out without dragging a mob of kids with them. (It's a sad kind of freedom!)

The suggestions so far have been Saturday evening, afternoons and the pub. I thought I would combine these and suggest:

THIS Saturday arvo, 8 December, at West Beach Sailing Club.

Any takers? Any suggestions for alternative dates or venues? We are in the southern suburbs but it seemed that there were people from the northern areas that wanted to join in so I thought that West Beach might be kinda half-way?

Over to you!

:smile: LC

Edited by Diane

Guest Guest75
Hey there,

As Steph has explained, they won't be arranging anything at the moment, so I thought maybe I would start a new thread. Same idea though.

This meet up is more aimed at people, particularly but not exclusively lol, in their 40+ years, who can go out without dragging a mob of kids with them. (It's a sad kind of freedom!)

The suggestions so far have been Saturday evening, afternoons and the pub. I thought I would combine these and suggest:

THIS Saturday arvo, 8 December, at West Beach Sailing Club.

Any takers? Any suggestions for alternative dates or venues? We are in the southern suburbs but it seemed that there were people from the northern areas that wanted to join in so I thought that West Beach might be kinda half-way?

Over to you!

:smile: LC

Hope it goes well LC, I am sure you won't scare too many off.

Don't get too drunk before coming round to ours later.:biglaugh::rolleyes:

You might want to put a time for the meet as well............

Hi

Wouldn't mind catching up too but bit busy over the next few weeks, will watch thread and see if anything happening after Xmas. PM me if any plans after Xmas. I am in the southern suburbs also.Enjoy Xmas and New Year.

Guest Guest75

Saturdays are busy with festive shopping and celebrations <bah,spit,humbug>, so a lot of folk will be busy.

Any way, we like you................

Must remember to text or PM our new address!

Saturdays are busy with festive shopping and celebrations <bah,spit,humbug>, so a lot of folk will be busy.

Any way, we like you................

Must remember to text or PM our new address!

We like, er, Mrs Tyke actually! :biggrin:

I might text you the address! We stalkers are good like that!

Scared yet?

LC

PS. I knew I'd forget something in the OP...but the time??? How unusually daft of me! Thank you :wubclub:

We are in the older age bracket but still have school age children. We would be interested in meeting up, but I didn't see message until this afternoon, so to late. We live in Gawler, but willing to travel to meet or you are welcome to come to Gawler of course.

• 3 weeks later...

So, Christmas and New Year is over (:sad:) so shall we arrange something for one of the forthcoming weekends? Possibly an afternoon? Somewhere fairly central to everyone?

I suggested West Beach Sailing Club in an earlier post because it seems, to me, to be middle-ish but if anyone has anywhere relatively quiet they could recommend, that would be cool.

Over to you guys!

LC

Guest Fat Boy Fat
Keep us in the loop - the 19th is a special ladies birthday.:wink:

I know you are organising it LC but we might meet some nice people:tongue::tongue:

As long as the special lady is not you in a dress again.

Guest lindinurse

Hi there, I'm new just arrived in Adelaide on the 10th Jan, athough I was following this thread in the UK, now I'm here I would like to meet people and hopefully make some new friends. Are the any plans for meets up yet? Linda

Hey lindinurse and Hotrod,

If you can ignore the banter between Tyke and Fat Boy Fat, we had decided on this Saturday, the 19th at 2pm at......

No idea!

My suggestion stands at the West Beach Sailing Club but if anyone would prefer somewhere else, that's totally cool! I chose there because it's quiet, nice view and, IMHO, between our suburbs :)

I'm really looking forward to it!

:wubclub: LC