From The Jam concert

If you remember the band from the 70's/80's in the UK called The Jam then this could be of interest to you!Original bass player Bruce Foxten formed a band called "From The Jam" to bring back to life the former band's music.They are touring Autralia but had not secured a gig in South Australia.Thankfully an avid fan and close friend of ours has been in touch with the tour manager and has preliminarily booked the Gov at Hindmarsh on Wednesday 6th Feb 2013.In order for this to happen we are trying to gather feedback as to how many people would be interested in going to see them.We saw them in the UK a few years back and they were fantastic!!If you may be interested you can go to their facebook page and comment or like it or please let us know and we can pass any thoughts on.Thanks in advance Jam fans!!!

Guest andyboy66
If you remember the band from the 70's/80's in the UK called The Jam then this could be of interest to you!Original bass player Bruce Foxten formed a band called "From The Jam" to bring back to life the former band's music.They are touring Autralia but had not secured a gig in South Australia.Thankfully an avid fan and close friend of ours has been in touch with the tour manager and has preliminarily booked the Gov at Hindmarsh on Wednesday 6th Feb 2013.In order for this to happen we are trying to gather feedback as to how many people would be interested in going to see them.We saw them in the UK a few years back and they were fantastic!!If you may be interested you can go to their facebook page and comment or like it or please let us know and we can pass any thoughts on.Thanks in advance Jam fans!!!

Come on guys, this will be awesome, Bruce Foxton, Russell Hastings and Mark Brzezicki (formerly Big Country), all the hits will be played. Need minimum 400 to attend to make it happen, shouldn't be a problem with all the real music fans in Adelaide. Give us feedback if you're interested I need to inform the promoter!!

Reckon i could get a dozen together.

Come on guys, this will be awesome, Bruce Foxton, Russell Hastings and Mark Brzezicki (formerly Big Country), all the hits will be played. Need minimum 400 to attend to make it happen, shouldn't be a problem with all the real music fans in Adelaide. Give us feedback if you're interested I need to inform the promoter!!

Guest andyboy66
Reckon i could get a dozen together.

excellent mate, can you keep me updated I've got to give the promoter updates on progress if we're gonna make this happen.

Guest ladyarkles

Put us down for two tickets.

Saw them a couple of years ago and they were amazing.

A bloody great gig, and it would be my birthday night out too.

Superb.

I shared this thread with some others (not PIA members)

~ Rachel

Edited by ladyarkles
add more

Guest andyboy66
Sounds great , any idea of price of tickets .

not sure yet mate, need to make sure there's enough interest to make it happen, looking like lots of interest already though. Soon as I get it confirmed I'll post ticket info

Guest shed end col

This is great news,massive Weller and Jam fan.I missed their gig at the Gov a few years back. Gonna round up a few expats up here in the Northern suburbs and hopefully get this to happen. Mt younger bro back in blighty is a drummer in a tribute band to The Jam. www.total-jam.moonfruit.com/ check em out. also be great to see the Octopus, Mark Brezekie fantastic drummer!

Guest andyboy66
This is great news,massive Weller and Jam fan.I missed their gig at the Gov a few years back. Gonna round up a few expats up here in the Northern suburbs and hopefully get this to happen. Mt younger bro back in blighty is a drummer in a tribute band to The Jam. www.total-jam.moonfruit.com/ check em out. also be great to see the Octopus, Mark Brezekie fantastic drummer!

Thanks guys, that's great.

Any idea of the numbers you would bring? I need to keep pushing with this to make it happen.

Also if you can get onto From the Jam's Facebook page and make your interest known. This isn't a done deal yet.

I'll be speaking with the promoter again next week, and I need to indicate that there is enough interest.

Guest andyboy66
They came here a couple of years or so ago and played The Gov. There was a huge crowd so the promoter knows exactly what to expect if they play here again. Only difference was that Rick Buckler was on drums instead of whatsisname.

Yep, aware of that but different promoter, there are also a few other considerations to do with scheduling, the other shows follow night after night but Adelaide would be the 6th, so there's a 3 day gap which bands are not always keen on. But we're trying, I've been in touch with both the Gov and the promoter today and there should be a decision this week. They both want to do it, but at the moment it's 50-50. Hope it happens!!

Guest Lanesra
Yep, aware of that but different promoter, there are also a few other considerations to do with scheduling, the other shows follow night after night but Adelaide would be the 6th, so there's a 3 day gap which bands are not always keen on. But we're trying, I've been in touch with both the Gov and the promoter today and there should be a decision this week. They both want to do it, but at the moment it's 50-50. Hope it happens!!

Have pestered thier facebook account, and have had half a dozen mates do the same.....Hope this is enough!!!

Guest andyboy66
Have pestered thier facebook account, and have had half a dozen mates do the same.....Hope this is enough!!!

Excellent work, appreciate it. Soon as I hear from Andrew the promoter I'll post the decision

• 2 weeks later...
Guest andyboy66

COME ON FOLKS!!

Can anyone who wants to see this fantastic band play at the Gov on Feb 6th please post a message on the band's facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/FromTheJam?ref=ts&fref=ts

It's still up in the air as to whether they'll play or not, have been on to Andrew Kelly the promoter again this week, but still no decision, not enough noise being made folks, come on!! Let anyone you know who liked the Jam that the gig could happen and get on to their facebook page and post a message.

Thanks.

Guest Mark McInerney

I would be down for 4 tickets, saw them last time at the Gov and they were brilliant! I have posted on their Facebook page, plus I did some research and emailed their UK promoter who said he would pass it on to Andrew at Big Apachee. Fingers crossed we get a show here...will save me $$ having to travel interstate again (as I had to the other week to see the Stranglers!). Cheers to you for trying to drum up some support for this!

Guest andyboy66
I would be down for 4 tickets, saw them last time at the Gov and they were brilliant! I have posted on their Facebook page, plus I did some research and emailed their UK promoter who said he would pass it on to Andrew at Big Apachee. Fingers crossed we get a show here...will save me $$ having to travel interstate again (as I had to the other week to see the Stranglers!). Cheers to you for trying to drum up some support for this!

I got an email from Andrew yesterday, he's talking to the band's manager today, so hope we'll know something by the end of the week.

Thanks to all who've put effort in on this, let's hope for the best!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest moonraker1959

Probably too late but could'nt one of you contact an adelaide radio station to drum up support?How does the promoter determine how many people will attend the gig anyway?