A coffee meet up around Athelstone?

Guest anne314

Guest anne314

Hi there!

Together with my boyfriend and our nearly 2-year old son, I moved to Athelstone a few weeks ago. We have been in Adelaide since early October, and we have spent the first two months in Hallett Cove. We loved it, and we had the most amazing neighbours. But budget-wise Athelstone suits us better for now, and we really love this area too. I know there is lots of you out there down south, and there are many social events…….. but are any of you living near Athelstone??? I am 32 by the way, and currently I am in the process of getting my teacher registration, so I can start working next year. Since I have got lots of time at the moment, I was wondering if there are ladies out here in their twenties or thirties, with or without children, who would like to meet up and make new friends.

I am looking forward to hear from you!

Cheers!

Anne

Edited by anne314

Hi

we are due to fly out end of march and are looking at st Agnes, redwood park, tea tree gully, highbury and athelstone as areas we want to live.

it would be great to catch up when we arrive and you could share your tips and knowledge of the area.

We want to be semi rural or with easy access to country as in uk we have horses so would like to pick it back up in oz eventually. Do you get out into the country or hills much?

hubby also a primary school teacher, I am a business analyst and our kids are 9 and 6.

enjoy your first warm Christmas.

anna

Guest anne314

Hi Anna,

Wonderful to hear from you! And great that you are also heading towards this area!

We really love Athelstone. There are walking trails from our house to the Black Hill Conservation Park. We are in the 'foot hills', as they call it, so we have a beautiful view of the hills. We have only been here two weeks, and we have been very busy with cleaning and unpacking (our container arrived two weeks ago), so we haven't had much time to get out and explore the surroundings (including the hills). But getting out into the country and the hills is so easy and it is close by! Yesterday we bought a tent and we are looking forward to spending lots of time outdoors.

Looking forward to catch up with you ones you are here! If you (or your hubby) have any questions about the area, I would be happy to help out where I can!

Cheers,

Anne

Hi Anne, I live in Rostrevor, which is kind of just down the road from Athlestone. We considered Athlestone to live as it is such a lovely area but settled on Rostrevor instead. I'm in my (late) thirties and have two kids aged 11 and 7, so a bit older than yours. I'd love to meet for coffee but unfortunately I don't have a lot of time on my hands at the moment as I work full time and things are quite busy on weekends with Christmas coming up. I'm sure someone will come along with a bit mo time in their hands soon - there are other people on here that don't live down south.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest anne314

Hey NicF!

Thanks a lot for your message.

Indeed, Rostrevor is just down the road ;-) I completely understand that you are too busy, working full time and taking care of the family.

Hope you have had a wonderful Christmas and take care!

Cheers,

Anne

Hi Anne - sorry I've been away so only just seen your message. I will send you a PM as there are a group of us this side of town who get together now and again. One of our lovely ladies has her first Fringe Comedy show coming up soon so if you like that kind of thing, hopefully a group of us will be going to that! I will PM you now with a FB link (if you're a FB user!)

Diane

Guest Fraser19

Hi,

I'm new to this site and arrived June 2007. Live in Dernancourt, have 2 kids, boy 8 and girl 4. Work from home so have plenty of free time and would love to hear from anyone who wants to meet for a coffee or something stronger!! :)

Paula

Hi,Thanks for your infor about Athelstone...It looks like a lovely place..Just arrived in Adelaide. We are looking for houses in Athelstone area, it would be nice to get to know you..will keep in touch.xx

Hi NicF,Hope you can help me... as we are going to be living in Rostrevor- Montacute rd, could you please tell me a good GP practice close by?Can we go to any GP? thanx.

Hi NicF,Hope you can help me... as we are going to be living in Rostrevor- Montacute rd, could you please tell me a good GP practice close by?Can we go to any GP? thanx.

Hi Kerina, we use Health at Newton on Stradbroke road, down near Thorndon Park. It's a bit of a treck and not walkable from here but they bulk bill kids and my OH has been happy with them so far. We've only been here since July and I haven't had to use them yet but my OH has a regular perscriptin and my eldest son has been as well. You can use any doctor and I think there is one on Montacute road near the library but I'm not sure what it's called.