Another over 35's football team looking for new players

Ed13

Hi,

Any over 35's fancy playing football on Sunday mornings?

We are an established team playing in a well organised league on good quality pitches. The season runs from April to September and we are now training for the coming season.

It's looking like we are a couple of players short, so if you are interested get in touch.

(First trial match this Sunday morning)

Cheers

Ed

Hi There Ed,

Did see your first post and wanted to reply. Can't believe that there are no POMS out there that want to play football!!!

I play 6 a side here in the U.K but been out with Ankle ligament damage for a few months so 90 minutes scares the **** out of me:nah:. Need to break myself in gently and build up my fitness. Would love to play but we don't get to Adelaide till May and we are going to have our weekends full with sorting everything out. Wouldn't mind doing an evening in the week if you train then if possible?

PM me with more details and I will give you a bell when I get over.

Cheers,

Mark

Guest Mark&Yvonne

Hi I'm moving over in April but still only 33 so not quite over 35s yet. I play a lot of football here in UK and also coach kids. I will want to carry on playing & coaching when I arrive, I will be living in the seafood area & would like to know of any 5/7 aside teams that would take new players & also 11 aside. Could I sneak into over 35s?

cheers

mark

you can train with us and a couple of the lads play 5's, so they should be able to sort you out for a regular game.

We will probably be entering a team in a mid-week 7 a side league that runs from Oct to Dec.

There are loads of junior teams (as you would expect) so continuing coaching won't be a problem.

Guest Shanners

Hi All,

There is an over 35s 5 aside indoor league at Seaford Rec on Tuesday evenings.

There are 8 teams and usually some of them are looking for extra players.

Contact Charlie (sports co-ordinator) at Seford Rec 83271555 and he will put you in touch with the teams.

Cheers

Chris

Guest BrenandJulie

Hi Ed,

I'm interested,were moving down to Adelaide from Brisbane,the company I work for are opening a new office,We move into a rental in Hallet Cove on 22nd Feb so obviously gotta sort the house out this weekend,but after that I would be available,I'm 46 and need to get my fitness levels up,but I used to play regular up until a couple of years ago.

i'll contact you when we're sorted

cheers Bren

• 2 weeks later...
Guest klataylor

Do you mean soccer? When in Rome and all that....

We arrive in Adelaide at the end of April and I know the hubi is definitely wanting to get back into sport. I will tag this thread and contact you when we arrive.

Guest scoobiedad

Hi Ed . Just seen your post. I'm a 43 year old goalkeeper who would love to start playing again. Brought my gloves and boots with me just in case. Would give it a go outfield if you are desperate though!!!!!!! Let me know and I will give it a go. cheers Damian.

Hi Ed . Just seen your post. I'm a 43 year old goalkeeper who would love to start playing again. Brought my gloves and boots with me just in case. Would give it a go outfield if you are desperate though!!!!!!! Let me know and I will give it a go. cheers Damian.

We have a match this Sunday morning if your still interested.

Ed

Anyone in the southern suburbs interested in playing.

pm me as Aldinga are now Pre season training and new players are always welcome.

apologizes for high jacking the over 35 thread.

Age from 18-58 we have two teams Div 4 and need players, and an assistant coach to help us through the season.

training Wednesday and Fridays starts at 7pm from the 17 jan 2014

pm for details and I can met and introduce you.

Thanks

Edited by ratters2005

• 2 weeks later...

I train with Cove Over 35's and they keep begging me to sign on but I can't play Sunday Mornings due to chauffeuring my son to his soccer matches. Surely there must be others out there in similar situation who need to keep playing but looking for alternative days/ times etc that don't clash. Very keen on the indoor. Have been here 4 years and struggled to find it happening. I love 5 a side/ fun sided astro turf etc

Edited by tonesw