starting a new life, new friends required

Deanozoff

hi,

my name is Dean, i am 32years of age and live in Liverpool uk.

i recently found myself at a crossroads with my life, so after christmas i decided to start looking for work in aus, i am a Director of a Refrigeration company so finding work in a hot climate shouldnt be too difficult. I applied for a load of vacancys through seek, within 2 weeks a guy contacted me from a national company and has offered me a great position with a great package. They are also in the process of applying for a 457 visa for me. All this has happened so quick and i should be in Adelaide in about 3 months.

I was recently married to my partner of 10 years in Mauritius and have 2 beautiful

young girls Madison 3 and Olivia 2.

I am gonna come out on my own first, get set up then send for the girls.

we are looking to meet new friends to meet up with to have barbies etc etc.

looking forward to hear from you.

regards

Dean

hi,

i recently found myself at a crossroads with my life, so after christmas i decided to start looking for work in aus, i am a Director of a Refrigeration company so finding work in a hot climate shouldnt be too difficult. I applied for a load of vacancys through seek, within 2 weeks a guy contacted me from a national company and has offered me a great position with a great package. They are also in the process of applying for a 457 visa for me. All this has happened so quick and i should be in Adelaide in about 3 months.

I was recently married to my partner of 10 years in Mauritius and have 2 beautiful

regards

Dean

Hi Welcome

My name is Nicola (34) and my partner (soon to be husband) Kevin are moving to Adelaide in July with our 15month old daughter. We have got our 190 visa and really looking forward to heading to Australia.

We have accomodation booked in Seacliff area for 4 weeks, then we will look for accomodation when we are there.

None of us have jobs organised, but hoping that that will come in time.

Hope all your plans go ok,

Nicola

Hi Dean. We have been here since Oct so still pretty new to us aswell! We are em, 34, si, 33 and Noah 3. We are from runcorn so not to far from you in Liverpool! My husband si, worked in refrigeration in UK but diverted to a/c over here. We would be happy to meet up once you arrive and you never know you and si might actually know each other! Good luck with evetything!

Hi Welcome

My name is Nicola (34) and my partner (soon to be husband) Kevin are moving to Adelaide in July with our 15month old daughter. We have got our 190 visa and really looking forward to heading to Australia.

We have accomodation booked in Seacliff area for 4 weeks, then we will look for accomodation when we are there.

None of us have jobs organised, but hoping that that will come in time.

Hope all your plans go ok,

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

thanks for getting in touch, I will keep you guys posted on my progression, and maybe we can all get together in the sunshine.

speak soon

Dean

Hi Emma and Simon,

how have you found it so far?

i am counting the days now I can't wait to get started. We will defo meet up with you guys when I arrive, so keep in touch maybe send me your email?

regards

dean

Hi Dean

We are just starting to feel settled now!! Si loves the work over here, hours not as long as in the UK so get so much more family time together. Will PM you our email address and def meet up soon!! Keep us updated on how things are going.

Em & Si

Guest deardos

Dean,

I am exactly in the same position as you, I am from Manchester and came over only 3 days ago... when are you coming over???. My family are coming over in 12 weeks and I have a job starting on Monday. Have you sorted some temporary accom out yet ??

Dean,

I am exactly in the same position as you, I am from Manchester and came over only 3 days ago... when are you coming over???. My family are coming over in 12 weeks and I have a job starting on Monday. Have you sorted some temporary accom out yet ??

hi,

i will be over in about 3 months, just getting everything sorted at the moment. not sorted accom out yet but have been looking at some places. private message me your email and i will email you. what work are you involved in?

regards

dean

hi,

i will be over in about 3 months, just getting everything sorted at the moment. not sorted accom out yet but have been looking at some places. private message me your email and i will email you. what work are you involved in?

regards

dean

Hope your plans are all going well. 20 weeks until we fly, I can't wait. Spent this evening writing a covering letter for a prt time job, worth a punt!!

Guest John & Tracy

Hi Guys, I'm new at this PIA website so not sure how to go about things lol :)

Hope you don't mind me getting in touch with you, but our air con has packed in and I noticed Si is in the Air Con business.

Does he do 'home visits' and how much would he charge to come and have a look at it. We think we know what it is but just need an

expert :)) and someone who is honest!!

We live in Hallett Cove ( which I call Little Britain now :) Were do you live and are you enjoying this lovely weather still??

Guest edenfieldpoms
hi,

regards

Dean

Hi dean, I don't know if you are aware but there is a meet up this weekend at the cobblers inn, Rawtenstall at 12.00 it's a great opportunity to meet families in the same position as you. You will find it here on PIA under " another meet up up north". Have a look we have a god chat, something to eat and the kids get to play afterwards in the wacky warehouse. If you can't find it just PM me.

april

I bet you cant wait not long now then? How you getting on with the job search?

I am just putting together all the visa requirements so it should be lodged next week. 4-6 weeks for the visa, then once i receive this i will then hand in my notice at work. Exciting times!

• 1 month later...
hi,

regards

Dean

Hi everyone,

Just a little update since my last post above.

My 457 visa was lodged on 11th April i have been told it will be approx 4 weeks until i have my visa. Then once this lands i will hand in my notice at work (another 4 weeks) then ill be ready to sample the good life.

It is strange as my bother and sister have lived in oz for over 20 years, brother in Perth and sister in Brisbane, so i have picked somewhere in between ha.

So hopefully guys i will be with you some time around the end of June, if you are interested in meeting up PM your details and we will catch up when i am there.

Regards

Dean

Hi everyone,

Just a little update since my last post above.

My 457 visa was lodged on 11th April i have been told it will be approx 4 weeks until i have my visa. Then once this lands i will hand in my notice at work (another 4 weeks) then ill be ready to sample the good life.

It is strange as my bother and sister have lived in oz for over 20 years, brother in Perth and sister in Brisbane, so i have picked somewhere in between ha.

So hopefully guys i will be with you some time around the end of June, if you are interested in meeting up PM your details and we will catch up when i am there.

Regards

Dean

That sounds excellent. We have had the packers in and it all feels real now, moved back with my parents and counting the days. We fly on 11th July, arrive on 12th. I am so looking forward to it. I will PM you my details.

Take care

• 1 month later...

Well guys, a couple of months have passed since my original post so a little update is due i think:-

Received visa 8th May

Handed in notice in work (finish 7th June)

Booked flight for 24th June (will be travelling to Perth first for a week to stay with my brother)

Flight out Of Perth 3rd July Adelaide here i come!!!!!!

As you can imagine ive been really busy getting things sorted but i can finally see light at the end of the tunnel. Really looking forward to meeting new friends and building new bonds.

Also i will be looking for a football team to sign for once i am over. I am a centre back/holding midfielder so if anyone knows of a team who are looking for players let me know.

Speak soon

​Dean