The Dutch in Adelaide

Wisette

I was wondering if anyone knows of any Dutch people, or Dutch toddler groups in Adelaide? I am Dutch, my husband is English (we currently live in England) and we are moving to Adelaide May 2nd. It would be great to meet some Dutch people on the other side!

May be totally misplaced here, but its hard to find anything on the Internet, I found one website for the Dutch in Adelaide but there seems to be no activity on there :(, so though I would give it a try here..?

Thanks

Hi Wisette

I am Dutch and my wife is English, we have three daughters aged 2, 5 and 7 we fly to Adelaide on 1 April to start living there.

I ma not aware of any Dutch communities but the Dutch consulate ha passed on the details of the Dutch consulate in Adelaide so there must be some comunity.

Well, there must be a fair few becase there is a Dutch shop on Brighton Road! It looks like it's been there forever! It doesn't seem that uncommon to find a Dutch food section in Coles etc and I know the father (now sadly deceased) of one of our best friends was Dutch.

Have you looked on Meetup?

:idea: LC

PS.

I went to find a link to the shop and found this

http://dutchsa.com.au/main/summary

http://www.dlook.com.au/general-food-stores/sa-adelaide-brighton/the-dutch-food-and-supplies-shop-adelaide-3593312

Good luck :)

Edited by Lazy Cow

I know a lovely Dutch lady (she's a nurse) who is married to an aussie - and another Aussie family who lived in the Netherlands for quite a while and still speak Dutch amongst themselves sometimes. If you want me to pass on any contact details when you get here, let me know.

Guest anne314

Hi Wisette!

I am Dutch, and so is my boyfriend, and we also have a 2-year old :-) We live in Athelstone. It would be great to meet up ones you are here :-)

As Lazy Cow already said, DutchSA has a Dutch Kids Network and meets up every 2nd Sunday of each month between 10am and 1pm at a different location around the city. That is as close to a Dutch play group as it gets, as far as I know.

Cheers,

Anne

Edited by anne314

Guest Guest75

There has been quite a lot of Dutch and Belgian families moving here over the past few years. We have had plenty through our rentals.

There has been mention of a forum similar to this but for guys from your part of the world, might be worth a look???

Don't worry,you will soon settle in and make friends from all over the world:biggrin: