In need of some people to do some random, fun, CHEAP things with!

Guest mikki&paddy

Guest mikki&paddy

Hi all,

So basically... I hate my job and am counting down the days until I can get the heck outta there!! (If anyone knows of ANY work let me know, like I said, I'm desperate :))

Anyway, so now that I'm having a hard time dragging myself out of bed to go to work each morning I think it's about time that I meet some fun people who I can go out and do some CHEAP random fun things with to take my mind off my miserable worklife. :) I'm originally from Berkshire, lived in Yorkshire for a while, then Dorset, then lived in Melbourne for 4 years and have moved to Adelaide to live with my fiance about 6 months ago. Paddy is also from England (Coventry) and he has plenty of friends through the rugby club he is involved with so I need to give him time to spend alone with his mates as well as giving him a break from my moods.

If anyone wants to meet up for waffles in Brighton or a spontaneous paddle down the beach etc. then just pm me and we shall work it out!!! Like I said i'm looking to do things on the cheap (need to save my pennies for when the straw finally breaks the camels back), also I like a social drink or two on a nice warm evening but I'm not a massive drinker so I don't tend to spend Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday of every week down the pub, it's just not my thing...

Hope to hear from some like-minded people. :)

Cheers,

Michaela

Hi Michaela

Can't help with the joining in with cheap activities as two kids and working full time keeps me busy, but I'm sure there are others on here who can help with that bit.

What kind of work do you do? Both Adelaide Uni and UniSA are usually looking for people in various support type areas. I don't think they always advertise on seek either so it's worth checking out their websites direct if that's something that might appeal. State Government jobs are rarely advertised on seek either, so it's worth checking out the SA government vacancies website as well. And don't put in any filters as I've found they don't work very well. Search for all jobs in the metropolitan area and go through the full list. Takes a while but better than not seeing a position that would be ideal.

Waffles or cheap fun sounds amazing!! I am also from Dorset and have been here 7 months as well!! I am free on wed nights or some sat nights normally if you just want to go for a walk or something? Pm me if you fancy catching up - I am 25 if this makes a difference - prob not but just to give you an idea!!

Guest Sarah Bradley

Do you like music? Playing or singing. I moved here from Didcot, Oxfordshire and studied at Bulmershe in Reading and now teach part time. I'm always up for a walk on the beach if you want some company.

​Sarah