anyone else moving over in June or thereabouts?

Guest Benoli

Guest Benoli

ok so the container has gone and the countdown is upon us, never thought this time would come but it has! We're finally moving over in June :unsure::arghh::eek::biglaugh::smile:

Got nowhere to live, no jobs etc etc but hey, its all part of the process lol. We've got two boys aged 2 and 4 to keep us young as guess we left the breeding thing til late (39+46 yrs young we are).

So......anyone else heading over around the same time?

anyone want a few buddies so we don't all feel scared and lonely in our new life?

thought it would be good to maybe get in touch now so we can have some folk in the same position where we can have coffee, wine and whinging til we find our feet :smile:

​we're also aiming to live in the South in and around the Woodcroft, Flagstaff Hill, Hallett Cove area to give you a rough idea of where we might be (could end up on the moon for all we know!)

Edited by Benoli

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Kel87

Not moving over yet but just wanted to say good luck! It's very exciting.

I'm just awaiting my skills assesment and then onto visa :biggrin:

we'll be in a similar position to you, 2 young kids, no jobs, nothing! Also looking at the same areas as you.

good luck again!

WE are arriving on the 12th July. Myself (34), partner (39) and 18 month old daughter. Could possibly be interested in a meet, we are moving initially to the Seacliff area, feel free to PM me.

Nicola

sooooooooooooo apart from the couple of PMs Ive got, no one else going over then? lol

Guest Benoli
WE are arriving on the 12th July. Myself (34), partner (39) and 18 month old daughter. Could possibly be interested in a meet, we are moving initially to the Seacliff area, feel free to PM me.

Nicola

will do :)

Guest klataylor

We arrived two days ago. Shipping container left 22 April. We are staying in Hutt Street, in Adelaide and will be looking at renting around Dulwich/Norwood or Glenelg. The husband's job is in Dulwich and after 8 years in London of trillion hour tube commutes, he wants a ten minute drive to work.

No children but same age as you (ish). One persian cat, still in London but will be emigrating too in August and joining us in September. Add us to your contacts and keep in touch.

Guest Benoli
We arrived two days ago. Shipping container left 22 April. We are staying in Hutt Street, in Adelaide and will be looking at renting around Dulwich/Norwood or Glenelg. The husband's job is in Dulwich and after 8 years in London of trillion hour tube commutes, he wants a ten minute drive to work.

No children but same age as you (ish). One persian cat, still in London but will be emigrating too in August and joining us in September. Add us to your contacts and keep in touch.

​done x

Guest Watkinsfamily

Hi, We land on 10th July this year - also no house or jobs etc! Myself, my husband our two boys (aged 2 1/2 years and 4 months - currently 2 months old) and my mother. Family are on PR visas (as long as youngest son's comes through in next 2 months!) mum is on visit visa until we can sort her out something permanently. Will be looking for friends and advice when we arrive - did 5 weeks there last summer to validate visas but will be in the same boat as the rest. Good luck look forward to meeting some of you once there. X

Hi! We (she 36, he 39 + 2 boys 4&7) arrive September 6. we still have no clue where we are going to stay but once we are there would love to get together!

good luck! let us know how you are all doing when you're there.

we are moving over end of beginning of August [me, wife and two boys aged 8&10, I'm 37 but the wife wont let me say her age!!:realmad:]

Happy to meet up and we're the same, nowhere to live, no jobs and probably skip coffee and go straight to wine!

still looking at areas but probably south, am sure it will all work out in the end...let us know how you are getting on when you arrive...scope the place out and feedback!

good luck and look forward to hearing from you

Pete & Laila

Guest Benoli
Hi, We land on 10th July this year - also no house or jobs etc! Myself, my husband our two boys (aged 2 1/2 years and 4 months - currently 2 months old) and my mother. Family are on PR visas (as long as youngest son's comes through in next 2 months!) mum is on visit visa until we can sort her out something permanently. Will be looking for friends and advice when we arrive - did 5 weeks there last summer to validate visas but will be in the same boat as the rest. Good luck look forward to meeting some of you once there. X

the more of us that keep in touch the better as will be good to have some contacts in those initial stages when its all quite daunting :) feel free to send me a pm when you get a chance with your details and we can keep in touch x

Guest Benoli
we are moving over end of beginning of August [me, wife and two boys aged 8&10, I'm 37 but the wife wont let me say her age!!:realmad:]

Happy to meet up and we're the same, nowhere to live, no jobs and probably skip coffee and go straight to wine!

still looking at areas but probably south, am sure it will all work out in the end...let us know how you are getting on when you arrive...scope the place out and feedback!

good luck and look forward to hearing from you

Pete & Laila

Loving the comment re the wine :biglaugh: but yup defo up for that! keep in touch, feel free to pm me some details if you want and we'll get something organised once you're over here :biggrin:

Guest Benoli
Hi we are arriving 25th may, me my husband and 3 children age 10,6,3, scary exciting times now!!

We are hopping to stay south but will have to see when we arrive!

All the best

Kerry,Scott

ok since you get over before us you can get the wine on ice lol good luck to you too and hope you get things sorted quickly, keep in touch, will hopefully catch up over there x

Guest Benoli
Hi! We (she 36, he 39 + 2 boys 4&7) arrive September 6. we still have no clue where we are going to stay but once we are there would love to get together!

good luck! let us know how you are all doing when you're there.

good to hear you're clueless too, seems its the way to go lol. Keep in touch and we'll let you know what its like hanging upside down :biggrin: x

• 2 weeks later...

G'day guys, well there's quite a stream of you heading this way over the next couple of months. That's great news. Now, how many of you need to be met at the airport. I'm happy to meet and greet, then transport you to your temporary home, FREE of charge. PM Thewhitehouse for recommendations if necessary, met them 3 weeks ago and they are now settling in very nicely. I live in Morphett Vale, that's south of the city, but am willing to take you where ever in the metro area. Port Noarlunga is a beaut place for you to begin your new life, even if you move on later.

Here's hope to meet you later, Doug

Guest cloudnine

Hi Benoli,

We're coming over in September and like you we have left it late with having children. Our 2 little people are ages 6 & 4. We don't have jobs or a home sorted yet and It's a huge leap of faith !

Hope your move goes great and wood love to share a Coffee but prefrebly a bottle of wine when we arrive. :)

Hi all! So nice to see so many people are coming around the same time and all the kids are around the same age! Really think it will help getting together. Thanks Benoli for starting this thread :smile:

DougM such a kind offer thank you very much, might just take you up on that offer!

Port Noarlunga does look really nice we booked our first 4 weeks rental there.

Good luck to everyone! It's going to be GREAT!

Guest Banksy

Don't forget us! ;)

I arrive last week in July, wife & daughter arrive mid September. We're late 30's, daughter will be 5.

Just waiting for my 457 to be approved!

Guest Banksy
It seems to be a popular time of year to make the move this year :) We'll be over around then, give or take a few weeks and living in Glenelg. I'm an older Mum, 42 now and son is 5. Hubby is a bit younger and Adelaide is his hometown.

If it makes you feel better I am actually 41, I told a little white lie above ;) My wife is 38 though...

Did you say you were looking at the Brighton area too?