Grew up in the UK Mod scene - this is for you!

Guest Sian & Paul

Guest Sian & Paul

Mod sounds spinning on original vinyl - The Rhythm & Soul Set - down in the basement at The German Club, 223 Flinders Street. Saturday 11th May 2013. 8pm til midnight. $5 on the door. If you grew up in the UK mod scene especially between '79 and '89 this is for you. Geoff Ventress and Paul Davy, regular DJ's at Adelaide Soul City will be playing RnB, early 60's Soul, 60's Mod (Small Faces, Spencer Davis Group etc) and Jazz sounds on original vinyl. Come and have a dance, listen or social.

For sample sounds and to stay in touch join our Facebook Group "The Rhythm & Soul Set" or message me.

Into Northern Soul and Motown? Also check out Adelaide Soul City - monthly northern soul and Motown nights. Starting to get big attendances at this event. www.adelaidesoulcity.com and Facebook "Adelaide Soul City". Lots of Brits making friends (and catching up with old mates from back in the day) to top soul tunes!

Cheers,

Paul

• 9 months later...
Guest Sian & Paul

Awesome - the next Adelaide Soul City is 8th March, and then monthly after that. We have a special northern soul weekender in July and lots more besides. Join these two Facebook groups: Adelaide Soul City and The Rhythm & Soul Set, plus the massive Facebook group Northern Soul in Oz, get in touch and line up some instant friends and great nights out. Look forward to meeting you when you come over. Cheers, Paul

Edited by snifter

Nice one Paul. I'll definitely be at the July weekender if we're over by then. I'm blown away... moving to the Sun and music to boot. I honestly didn't think there would be quite such a exccelent scene over there. If it were down to me I'd get our lass to start packing her bags now!

Gary

• 6 months later...

This may be of interest if you are into all things Mod/60's, Live bands, DJ's Clothes, Records.

50 Years of MOD 1964-2014

50th anniversary of MOD 1964-2014 event to be held by Ace Face Productions on Sat 13th September at the Ed Castle Hotel, 223 Currie St.

sorry looks like link didn't work.

Edited by Blossom
Social media link removed as per forum rules